Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

hit a curb

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2014 | 09:58 AM

hit a curb

so before all the captian obviouses come out, yes i was doing donuts and yes i was driving like an *******. that being said, we have alot of snow here in jersey so i decided to go to a lot and have some fun. basically was doing a few donuts and dragged one out a little to lone and caught a curb. wasnt intense the car didnt almost tip over nothing like that it wasnt a direct hit more of a skim cuz i hit on angle but i deff hit/heard/felt it. the wheel isnt crooked or nothing my tire is fine other than some scuff and a pea sized gouge on the lip of the rim, nothing really looks wrong with the car but i cant really test to see if the car is pulling or hear for noises or anything cuz the roads are still with snow. the only thing is is that as dumb as it may sound i cant break traction anymore to save my life, tried doing donuts again and instead the tired breaking loose the car just catches and makes almost like a growling and binding noise, idk if something is broken cuz driving straight its fine. any suggestions?? thanks

Last edited by Vmoreno626; Feb 3, 2014 at 11:14 AM. Reason: forgot to mention its the driver rear tire/wheel
Old Feb 3, 2014 | 10:18 AM
Evolving Member

Well, its a rally car, you did what the car was made for. But I will make fun of your grammar and punctuation lol...

You tried doing donuts again and it wont break traction, do you have all 3 of the ACD lights on?
Old Feb 3, 2014 | 10:29 AM

hahah come on man easy its my second language lol and yes we moved to a bigger parking lot and when i tried it wouldnt break traction, i dont have an acd in the front diff its an 04 VIII gsr.
Old Feb 3, 2014 | 10:45 AM

I have no idea. You should be able to run over a curb and assuming you didn't bend any wheels or knock the alignment off - everything should be ok.

The ability to do donuts comes from the rear wheels breaking traction under power.

The only possibility I can even think of is that maybe the rear differential is messed up and won't turn the rear wheels or maybe the center differential gave out??? It seems unlikely.

The only other possibility is that maybe the surface conditions are different and you have more grip in the new parking lot. Maybe the other parking lot was more slippery?
Old Feb 3, 2014 | 10:48 AM

yeah thats what i was thinking, i cant imagine the car driving perfectly normal down the road if the front or rear diffs were blown. just being a little paranoid i guess. thanks for the reply bud