Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Another BOV-type question/discussion

Search this Thread

Old Mar 5, 2004, 04:14 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Another BOV-type question/discussion

Hi all. After a very difficult car-buying decision process that took about 4 months, I picked up a Tarmac Black Evo 8 last Friday:

http://www.nepthys.com/evo

Thanks to a very long commute (changing soon, thankfully), I am already past the factory break-in period, but still taking it moderately easy until the first oil change. Time to start planning some personalization for this beaut!

I'm a huge fan of WRC rally racing, which is largely what brought me to the Evo world. One thing that I do miss in the street Evo, though, is the BOV sound. Now, let me lay some foundation here. Firstly, I am more than happy with the stock perfomance of the Evo engine. I do not plan to implement engine performance mods in the future (beyond, say, a K&N drop-in). I also am not interested in the BOV sound to impress friends or trick myself into thinking I'm going faster. I just want the sound, and particularly, the rally car "chirp" (as opposed to the more traditional "Pssss").

I have some specific requirements to this project, however. It needs to be fully reversible, so that I can go back to stock if needed (auto-x). Also, it needs to be done in such a way that won't damage or jeapordize the engine over time.

I've been doing very, very custom mods in the 1/10th scale racing car world for four years now and am a very firm believer that "where there's a will, there's a way." I am willing to accept "can't be done" as an answer, but only if I'm given very logical, provable reasons

Any suggestions as to where to start or where to go? All feedback is appreciated!
Old Mar 8, 2004, 10:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Any ideas? Pointers?