Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

add one to the jacked tranny list

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004 | 08:32 PM
Evolved Member

when my door was totally off. A dealership near me told me they wouldnt even look at it LOL. I called mitsu themselves. I went to a different dealer and they fixed it.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 08:33 PM
Evolved Member

yep called from the service bay.. they are gonna send someone down, they didnt give me a day though, so im going back tomorrow to make sure im there when the rep is there.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 08:34 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

True, call the 800 number from the manual
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

called already.... all they did was take my complaint and tell me they would send someone down this week... gotta go camp out there now.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 08:41 PM
Evolved Member

The thing i dont get is where does it state that you must not drive the car hard. If the car is bone stock and something breaks (besides the clutch or wear items) it should be fixed whether or not its your fault or not. The warranty is just not for manufactures defects but for **** breaking. I dont know I dont think its cool for someone to drive like a nut then go and claim that they fix it. But thats what the warranty is for as long as its stock. correct? Seriously when i watched that joke of a tape. It said nothing about not driving it hard. It just stated modifying may void your warranty. And if i remember correctly it just said that when they mentioned suspension.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 08:52 PM
Evolved Member

For that kind of money I would go to arbetration. Seeing blue on a clutch plate is not enough evidence of abuse to void a warrenty, I helped my father replace the clutch on his Porsche C2 not long ago and it had heat spots on it. I can promise you that he has not beat on his car, the heat spots are normal.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 08:55 PM
Evolved Member

----the heat spots are normal--- "
this is what i wanna here

THANKS
BUDLoNG
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:00 PM

From what I understand, IT IS THE DEALER'S FAULT! The dealer has the choice to make of believing you (and servicing it under warranty), or saying that you raced your car (and voiding the warranty). I'm not sure if I completely understand their mentality, but some people say that they make a lot more $$ off of non-warranty repairs. I personally don't care!! I would either insist that they fix it, or give me the phone # of the mitsu rep that you can complain to. Make sure to let the dealer know that you fully intending on calling this person up, and asking him to explain their reasoning - I'd be surprised if they took it any further!
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:05 PM
Evolved Member

as i said before, i called the mitsu rep from the service bay at the dealer.. they gave me the number... i think my battle will be with the mistu rep not the service dept.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:06 PM
Evolved Member

i have a feeling ur trans will get fixed but the clutch will not if the clutch needs to be replaced
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

what do u mean batty?

im pretty sure a new clutch was in the estimate..
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by budlong
update--short version cuz my head hurts

turns out the noise was chunks of 3rd gear destroying the rest of the gears. They pulled my transmission apart, saw a bit of blue on my clutch plate, and voided my warrenty. Then they pulled my trans case apart and told me that the 3rd gear teeth had been bent and small chunks were missing which ended up destroying the rest of the gears. He said my trans oil was black from all of the metal particles, something he wouldnt expect to see from a car with 5500 miles.

$4900 parts and labor

i never abused my car...
i never dumped the clutch in any gear
was rev matching my downfall?

but i guess mitsubishi has a different idea of what abuse is....

****ing sucks
What teeth were bent? Obviously you can't bend gear teeth they are too hard ajust break off. If you are missing gear teeth then the whole thing is BS because the gears don't move in and of themselves. The synchos engage the gears. If it's synchro teeth busted off then it will be more difficult to prove.

Blueing of the pressure plate and flywheel is normal and happens on every car. The heavier the car the more common it is. The blueing is total bull****. I can take a honda apart with 5000 miles and find the same thing. There is a difference between normal heat checks and blueing and abusive discoloration.
You might want to talk to Derek at ACT clutch (member here) and ask him to examine the clutch, flywheel and pressure plate and render a professional opinion. If you are going t ocourt with it you would have to pay an expert for thier time but you can often recoup that when you win.

Don't take this lying down. If I lived near you I would offer up my professional opinion on the subject. I have been previously certified by a judge to act as an expert witness in my own lawsuit against a dealer.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Oh, on that same note. If the clutch is deemed to be normal in wear and temperature characteristics, it's hard to argue abuse on the transmission.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:10 PM
Evolved Member

san jose , california
i hope it doesnt have to go as far as court.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:12 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by budlong
as i said before, i called the mitsu rep from the service bay at the dealer.. they gave me the number... i think my battle will be with the mistu rep not the service dept.
Skp the rep all together. They are the ones that are denying the claims. Go as high as you possibly can, no one at the top wants to hear it. If you get to that point, a lawyer can quickly get the chain of command.

Quick Reply: add one to the jacked tranny list