Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

add one to the jacked tranny list

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:16 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
any suggestions on where to find a lawyer?
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:18 PM

budlong what does the bit of blue on the clutch plate mean why did the dealer cancel your warranty.

Last edited by intimidator2000; Mar 8, 2004 at 09:22 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:20 PM
Evolved Member

blue equals high temps.. high temps equal abuse... this is the mitsu formula.

before they took my tranny apart, they told me, " if we find any blue on the clutch we will have to void your warranty"

im now understanding that some blue is normal for ever car...

BUDLoNG
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:23 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by budlong
any suggestions on where to find a lawyer?
I would start by telling them you are not paying and expect warranty coverage in accordance with the terms of the warranty.
At least demand a rep to come down to the dealership and physically look at the vehicle. If at that point they are not going to do anything, tell them to not start to work on the car because you are getting an attorney. Just about every area has a BAR association number you can call to get recommendations for an attorney. When you meet with one make sure you sense he is a bit of a ***** because that is what you want in court. You don't want someone who is going to back down to the MMC corporate lawyer. You want him to go for the throat. Everything can be tacked on to the suit. Time, pain and suffering, rental fees, etc. He can tell you exactly what to do. Most likely he will tell you not to make the payments on the car either. The loan can be frozen until litgation ends. Since the car will be at the dealer, you do not have use of it. Therefore you do not pay for it. The bank who holds the loan will put thier own pressure on the dealer to resolve the issue. My loan happened to be with GMAC and the dealer was a GM dealer so they made the dealer pay the loan off. My case was a stolen car but it is relative.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:26 PM

How do you know if blue is normal.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

i would rather not have to go to court, cuz a] i dont have a second car, b]there is no garentee ill win, and c] they should just honor there warranty damnit!.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:28 PM
Evolved Member

One final word.
Take a camera and get a bunch of pictures of the flywheel, clutch disk and pressure plate. Also take pictures of the damage to the gear teeth in the transmission. Try to get good pictures. This is your evidence in court. Usually they will not bring the parts to court as they are not as technically interested in the case (judge, etc) even though it is very technical they don't understand it.
If you get pictures you can send them to me and I will give you my honest opinion of what I think and ultimately would render a written opinion if your lawyer asked and wanted to get it approved by the judge.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:30 PM
Evolving Member

budlong

which dealer did you take your car at to get it checked out?
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:31 PM
Evolved Member

yea im gonna take my camera with me tomorrow.
take a **** load of pics.
and also tell them not to touch my car unless they are gonna warranty it, and that im getting a lawyer.

tomorrow should be another discouraging, draining, uncomfortable affair. I just want it to be over.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:32 PM
Evolved Member

i would rather not have to go to court, cuz a] i dont have a second car, b]there is no garentee ill win, and c] they should just honor there warranty damnit!.
I think that ultimately the lawyer can argue that because of the lawsuit you had to go out and buy a new car and no longer want the car as a whole and if you win (very likely) you would not have to pay for the car. I agree though, you do not want to go to court. You want to apply as much pressure on MMC to make it right. If all else fails, then persue it legally.

One option is to get a lot of pictures and get the car fixed and drive it around. But still file the suit after it is fixed based on the evidence. A lawyer can best inform you of how to handle everything though.
Evolved Member

veracom mitsu in san mateo.. i live in san jose, but ive had ignorant service from stevens creek mitsu, and capital service just plain scared me.. so ive been forced to look for service further and further away from where i live
BUDLoNG
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Also, when you contact the BAR, look for a lawyer who specializes in auto law. While this is not really an accepted specialty in law, there are lawyers who specialize in automotive warenty and lemon law claims. There was a thread on the board within the last two weeks dealing with piston slap, in that post was a website dealing with piston slap. Here is the website.

http://pistonslap.com/photos.htm

There are directions on this site that will help you find a lawyer who deals with automotive claims. Hope this helps and keep us informed.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:35 PM
Evolved Member

yea im gonna take my camera with me tomorrow.
take a **** load of pics.
and also tell them not to touch my car unless they are gonna warranty it, and that im getting a lawyer.

tomorrow should be another discouraging, draining, uncomfortable affair. I just want it to be over.
I definitely want to see the pics when you get them. I have seen enough clutches to know the difference. It's rare to see one that can be called clear abuse.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:37 PM

Is blue on the clutch plate normal.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 09:38 PM
Evolving Member

sorry to hear all the drama you've been having. Umm on a side note, i cant remember where heck i read it but apart from the 5th gear syncro problems, i think someone posted that mitsui just came out with a 2nd and 3rd gear syncro so if your third gear is messed up you might be able to get it warrantied beacuse of the TSB. In any case, i wish you luck man, so sad to hear the drama you're having. Well i dont know if this helps but suppposedly the head tech at Davis Mitsubishi is the shiznit, he's supposedly like the #1 mechanic for mitsui in cali. You might want to bring some pics or something to that guy and have him look at it. I know my buddy had a 5th gear syncro, that mechnanic took it for a spin came back and wrote up a warranty for it no questions asked.

shooot i thing i'm going off topic here but anyways you get my drift.

Quick Reply: add one to the jacked tranny list