Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

add one to the jacked tranny list

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:40 PM
Evolved Member

from what i have read here.. https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/sh...549#post796549
some blue is normal for all cars.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:41 PM
Evolving Member

oh also, with a 100 miles on the car when you buoght it, i'd say 99.9% the clutch was abused (if it was abused) before you took delivery. Just tell the Mitsu rep guy that comes to get someone undercover and go to a dealership to test drive an Evo. Just watch how the young sales drive the evo to show you the "power" on the Evo. I bet you after they see that, they wont say you abused the clutch. Oh and especially from Stevens Creek Mitsui, my buddies use to work sales their and trust me, they will test the crap out of the car for you.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:41 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by intimidator2000
Is blue on the clutch plate normal.
That's hard to answer without seeing all three pieces. A little can be expected but overall appearance of all the parts and mileage really helps. It's pretty common knowledge at this point that he clutch is borderline in clamp load for the power lever and vehicle weight. MMC just refuses to admit it.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:44 PM
Evolved Member

unless your buddy is willing to come forward, there's no way he's gonna believe me, when i tell him the truth...
of course im not going to let this stop me from trying.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:49 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by budlong
unless your buddy is willing to come forward, there's no way he's gonna believe me, when i tell him the truth...
of course im not going to let this stop me from trying.
You don't know who put 100 miles on the car. I know salesman and techs alike are not easy on the cars. Certainly not within the constraints of proper breakin.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:54 PM
Evolved Member

i was looking for some answers tonight so i would be prepared for tomorrow... heres what i got
1. Put a freeze on all work and work orders until the despute is resovled.
2. Get a lawyer
2.5 take pictures
3. hope mitsu either gets behind there product, or my lawyer can sue for damages, both mechanical and mental.

thanks everybody for the responses.

BUDLoNG

Last edited by budlong; Mar 8, 2004 at 10:02 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 09:59 PM
Evolving Member

budlong, one thing tho is that if they're gonna be jerks, they will charge you storage fee for the car, i believe its about $50-$60 a day, so be prepare for them to be jerk offs to you and scare you with big $$$. So stay strong and get a lawyer ASAP, the minute the rep tells u he aint gonna warranty it, i'd get the laywer.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 10:01 PM

had same prob.... mitsu said it was the input shaft bearing
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 10:06 PM

So Mitubishi has real problem with these tranny it can't take even a little abuse.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 10:12 PM
Evolved Member

if thats the case, isnt all DSM trannys closely related since its the same motor? what does John Shep do to his Talon Tranny to make it hold up on his 8 second talon? because i expect to be able to rip on it like i was able to with my S2000.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 10:44 PM

There is some sort problem with the tranny because alot of people are having problems.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

Do the math. Add up all the people who have had a tranny problem and divide by 5000. Do the same thing for the transfer case. You'll find that the numbers are actually low when you consider the nuber of cars on the road. What about the people with enough mods to run in the 11s yet the tranny and transfer case are still intact. Even then, some who replaced it admitted to breaking on launch and the such.
Old Mar 8, 2004 | 10:54 PM
Evolved Member

my complaint isnt with build quality, its with honoring the warranty.
Old Mar 9, 2004 | 06:32 AM
Evolved Member

The big issue here does seem to be with mitsubishis lack of concern for custoemrs who bought their products. M3 motors have been known to self destruct. coverered. Turbo rotaries love to cook themselves, usually they got 1.5 replacement motors on average under warranty. If Mitsu has a defect, they need to find, fix it, and pay for it.

Customers are not Mitsu's R&D department.
Old Mar 9, 2004 | 07:05 AM
MP5
In Timeout

Originally posted by Mister2zx3
The big issue here does seem to be with mitsubishis lack of concern for custoemrs who bought their products. M3 motors have been known to self destruct. coverered. Turbo rotaries love to cook themselves, usually they got 1.5 replacement motors on average under warranty. If Mitsu has a defect, they need to find, fix it, and pay for it.

Customers are not Mitsu's R&D department.
Absolutely Subaru and are the absolute ****tiest warrenty companies. I dont give a crap about mitsus new 10 yr 100K warrenty when did they warrienty anything anyway?

Quick Reply: add one to the jacked tranny list