Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

add one to the jacked tranny list

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2004, 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
i have learned yelling and threatening get u no where... i have been forced to remain civil at least until this is resolved...
Old Mar 9, 2004, 02:34 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Now that you have an answer from Mitsubishi corparate, you need to file a suit under arbetration. And you do need a lawyer, I just do not know wherelse to tell you to look.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 02:35 PM
Evolved Member

I have tried to be like this... Being that I have personally gave them 3 other customers and bought 2 cars from this dealership they had better be cool with me when the time comes. If they try to get me on the "blueing of the flywheel" **** they will feel my wrath!
Old Mar 9, 2004, 03:47 PM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by budlong
i have learned yelling and threatening get u no where ... i have been forced to remain civil at least until this is resolved...
That is the correct attitude... let your attorney do all the yelling and general ugliness. Then you call back sweet as pie. The only thing that's worked better for me is suing the individuals and leaving the company un-named in the suit... Most people know the company will leave the employee out in the cold if they are not on the suit. (esp. in your case with discrimination, racism which are not condoned by Corporate) Suborn minds have changed for the $125 filing fee of a law suit and summons. Most importantly, get the rest of your legal advise from a real attorney and not us Internet jockeys!
Old Mar 9, 2004, 04:03 PM
Evolved Member

dude get a attorney. Why would they fix 3rd and 4th make u pay for a new clutch then void ur warranty. to me it either gets fixed with warranty intact or dont touch the ****ing thing. I would take the transmission to a shop . get the car towed out of there. NO sense in paying them to piece it back together. Get a transmissions shops opinion. Fix it and in the mean time have ur lawyer deal with mitsu. Then recoup the cost of the transmission.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 04:24 PM
Evolved Member

i cant seem to find a lawyer that specializes in auto warranties... I just spoke with a family lawyer and his suggestion was
get a new trans with the warranty (5k) and then when its installed, take them to smalls claims court to try to get reimbursed. he said getting a lawyer and going to court would cost much more than 5k and could take years to reach a setllment.. i dont think its worth it...

i dont think that the guys racism has anything to do with my car... yes it was wrong of him, yes it was grounds for being fired... but it doesnt reallly have anytying to do with my car or the serivce of my car.. so im sure the judge would just throw it out...

i guess after talking with him, im leaning towards what he suggested.... im still waiting to talk to gino at GJB motorsports... see what his professional opinion is.. but it seems to me.. im pretty much screwed...and im gonna have to take it up the *** from mitsu corporate.

Last edited by budlong; Mar 9, 2004 at 04:26 PM.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

i cant seem to find a lawyer that specializes in auto warranties... I just spoke with a family lawyer and his suggestion was
get a new trans with the warranty (5k) and then when its installed, take them to smalls claims court to try to get reimbursed.
i dont think that the guys racism has anything to do with my car... yes it was wrong of him, yes it was grounds for being fired... but it doesnt reallly have anytying to do with my car or the serivce of my car.. so im sure the judge would just throw it out...

i guess after talking with him, im leaning towards what he suggested.... im still waiting to talk to gino at GJB motorsports... see what his professional opinion is.. but it seems to me.. im pretty much screwed...and im gonna have to take it up the *** from mitsu corporate.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

i wouldnt. i would do what i said. take ur transmission to a shop since its already out of the car. flat bed it or tow it to your house or transmission shop. Then again i am a nut when i think i am getting ****ed over. File a claim with whoever you can. Better Business Bureau etc......
Old Mar 9, 2004, 05:42 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Have you tried the BAR association yet? How about contacting SEMA? They may know who to call. There has to be some place that you can call to get help with this, look up the Magnussen-Moss warrenty act and see how they suggest to take care of something like this. Ask them how to find a lawyer. No wonder Mitsubishi pulls this ****, they can get away with it. I am not trying to give you a hard time, it is just frustrating that there is nothing to be done about it, someone has to be able to help.
Old Mar 9, 2004, 07:08 PM

I still say that there's got to be something you can do. I work in customer service, and I can assure you that I also have the same stance about being polite and civil. But let me also tell you that I recently had a problem with Mitsu, and I didn't get anywhere until I took a demanding attitude, and took up approx 3 hours of the GM's time. I was still civil, and I never yelled at anybody - But like your situation, certain things should just be accepted. You didn't race the car, the car broke, it's warrantied...until somebody can tell you what's wrong with that last statement, I would keep bothering them. Think about how you're going to feel if you know that you have NO support for the vehicle you just barely bought - it's completely wrong!!
Old Mar 9, 2004, 08:03 PM
Evolved Member

u think i should take it up with the GM at the place i bought it from or the place it currently is gutted at?
Old Mar 9, 2004, 08:55 PM

I'd say go to the dealership that you think might be more reasonable. Maybe some members here can give you some ideas about the dealers in your area. The dealer gets paid for fixing your car - I'm still amazed that people have any problems getting stock cars fixed (can ANYBODY explain to me what a dealer's incentive is to be a *****?? They DO get paid for warranty repair, and it keeps their mechanics busy and well-paid!). I feel really bad for you, and really hope that you get this fixed - BTW, I really had some hope for your problem when Timzcat was asking you all the questions about your probs - did he ever look at the pics? If not, I might even try to solicit some more advice from him too!
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 18 Likes on 12 Posts
I think warranty work pays them less than normal work.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:22 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
I am short on time right now but that clutch looks normal to me. It is not abusively heated and given the quality of the piece in the first place looks pretty good.
For the transmission all the damage appears to be centered right around that synchro and gear in the pics. The one pic I think 7 is not damage and the way the gear is cut. I don't see where the teeth on the blocker rings were broken off though to get into the gear and cause the chipped teeth on the adjacent gear.

I will try to get more information to you tomorrow and will have a friend who is a machinist and cuts flywheels etc all day long take a look at it. I also used to work with him at the dealership and he is also a mechanic. Without clear evidence of something that broke on that blocker ring I don't think they have properly diagnosed the transmission problem.

Last edited by timzcat; Mar 10, 2004 at 12:25 AM.
Old Mar 10, 2004, 12:27 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally posted by budlong
u think i should take it up with the GM at the place i bought it from or the place it currently is gutted at?
Either one will have the same effect. Your making it known what is happening. Maybe he will help a little hoping to get future sales out of you.
I would call MMC and try to get the person above that field rep and get a case going with them if there is not already one going.

Quick Reply: add one to the jacked tranny list