Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

rev matching destroyed my clutch?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
i aggree fighttt it.. thats all get a lawyer.

Last edited by tweakdsm; Mar 8, 2004 at 08:08 PM.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
according to the lords at mistu, if the clutch shows abuse (blue coloring) the rest of the tranny warrenty is void. at least, thats what they are telling me.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:07 PM
Evolved Member

I believe this is also called Heel and Toeing....correct? Someone tell me if I am wrong.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:08 PM
Evolved Member

they are saying when you rev match, the clutch spins faster thus heating up and destroying the clutch...
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:14 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

Originally posted by budlong
they are saying when you rev match, the clutch spins faster thus heating up and destroying the clutch...
They are full of ****.
If the clutch spins faster or if you don't rev match and it stands still while the engine is spinning faster it's the same effect. In fact it's actually the synchros that do the work and they do less work when you properly raise your revs.
If you were power shifting then it's a totally different story.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:15 PM
Evolved Member

what is power shifting? I rev match as u described it earlier.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:16 PM
Evolved Member

Ok cause the clutch shows abuse? Lets see if you guys can feed off this response. If the car is bone stock and you drive it hard is that abuse???? Abuse to me would be no oil changes, wrong tire pressure, 89 octane gas , wrong oil etc..... Thats abuse. How is driving the car hard abuse. If the redline is at 8 then you can take it to 8 as long as its broken in properly(hypothetically). If driving the car like its meant to be driven is abuse GOOD LORD. If i wanted a regular car i would have bought a mini van. Them telling you the clutch is blue tell them ok ill get a new clutch but the transmission going. To me they are such scumbags. I mean maybe the clutch is blue because once you accidently missed a shift or downshifted to fast. Or the clutch is such garbage it will be blue under normal driving. I dont know this **** pisses me off for some reason.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:16 PM
SoR
Evolved Member

It's when you upshift and hold the gas pedal down to keep the revs from dropping.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

I don't know if that is true??? Rev matching helps the transmission and the engine stay at equivalent speeds...to help stop the jolt from shifting.

Someone correct me if I am wrong...but when you push on the clutch pedal the throw out bearing pushes against the fingers of the pressure plate and these are spring loaded and that backs the pressure plate away from the clutch disk thereby taking the clutch disk away from the flywheel.

I don't really see how that would hurt the clutch unless you are reving up to like 6 or 7 grand and then letting go of the clutch. and that would not be rev matching that would just be stupid driving technique.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:17 PM
Evolved Member

no way in hell im gonna do that to my transmission... might as well dump the clutch at 7500.....
i have more sense than that
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

i had to replace the tranny and clutch on my turbo eclipse that was a ****ing nightmare. i will never ever do that again.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:19 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by favre95
I believe this is also called Heel and Toeing....correct? Someone tell me if I am wrong.
yea, but damn i cant do that. i keep trying heel toe but i cant get it right. i always almost hit the person in front of me so i usually just match the revs to the gear before it then neutral after.

power shifting is not even using the clutch at all. its awesome for the clutch. just force it into gear. im prett sure you would only use it if your clutch went out and you had to get your car somewhere.

edit: wait i might have that last one wrong.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:21 PM
Evolved Member

i cant wait to rent a car and go back tomorrow... im not sure if i should stop the order for the parts... i need my car, so i guess the best i can do is try to get re imbursed...weak ****
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolved Member

i would take ur car to a different dealer any dealer somewhere trade it in. And if they say there is a noise, be like i dont hear anything LOL. Thats if it still drives.
Old Mar 8, 2004, 08:24 PM
Evolved Member

the car is on a lift the transmission is completely dismanteled and they told me they would not put it back together... even if they do they will charge me $650.... since i;ve already filed a complaint with mitsu. no service department is going to touch my car...
my vin has been logged into the mitsu database...

Quick Reply: rev matching destroyed my clutch?