Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

RPM Stalling- Difficulty

Search this Thread

Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy RPM Stalling- Difficulty

Hello,
I just added an AEM greddy intake, greddy bov, espelio exhaust and turbo timer to my lancer evo 8. I had my friend install the parts, we made sure everything was as tight as possible. We first had trouble fitting the grommet on the intake, so we just left that part out, and continued with the installation. After everything was in, I noticed the RPMs would drop below 1000 when I slowed down to a stop, and even sometimes caused the car to stall. At lights this was a problem especially when I'm trying to make slow left turns. Anyway, we figured the problem was caused by the lack of the grommet, so we bought a bigger grommet piece, and drilled a bigger grommet hole in the intake to make it fit. We added the grommet and all the parts went back in, then we re-tested it.
The problem is still occuring. It usually occurs when i rev around 2000 - 4000 (traveling forward), and then slowing to a stop. I don't know what's causing it now. I'm thinking something's not tight, perhaps an air leak, or maybe I need to reset the computer and try it out.
-If any of you experienced similar problems please let me know what you did to fix it.

Worse comes to worst I will re-attach all the old parts; and if it continues to stall i'll take it to the dealership (hopefully the warranty won't be void).

Thanks
Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:46 PM
Evolving Member

It's the greddy type-s bov you got. Take it apart and remove the little spring. Put it back together, have the adjustable bolt a little more than half way out, and that should have minimal fluttering and no stalling. If you need instructions, go to www.evomoto.com
Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:57 PM
Evolved Member

from what ive read in the evo forums, sounds like the BOV.

however, it sounds as if you may not have reset the ECU after installing the parts. that would definately cause issues. Id try resetting the ecu and see if it still happens, if so do the BOV thing ..
Old Mar 10, 2004, 03:58 PM

I'll do that, and let you know how it turns out.
Thanks for the help guys.
Old Mar 11, 2004, 10:48 AM

Originally posted by tama_mog
It's the greddy type-s bov you got. Take it apart and remove the little spring. Put it back together, have the adjustable bolt a little more than half way out, and that should have minimal fluttering and no stalling. If you need instructions, go to www.evomoto.com
Problem Fixed!
Thanks tama
Old Mar 14, 2004, 06:54 PM
Evolving Member

so how'd u fix the problem??? i have the exact same problem with my blitz bov, and sometimes my car would actually die out.. what's the deal?
Old Mar 15, 2004, 01:01 PM

I fixed the problem by doing exactly what tama_mog told me to do.
Old Mar 15, 2004, 01:03 PM
Evolved Member

are you all still using VTA's? I thought this was a dead topic... but I have seen some people using VTA's now that work well

-shahul
Old Mar 15, 2004, 01:06 PM
Evolved Member

yeah, sounds like he was venting, i actually vented my stocker just to see this stalling experience you guys talk about and boy does it suck...i wouldnt vent my bov if it did that all the time, of course even the stocker sounded nice vented, but if the greddy works vented by taking the spring out and what not then more power to ya!
Old Mar 15, 2004, 01:08 PM
Evolved Member

the Diverters sound almost as good with an open element filter, and no stalling

-shahul