Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Intake Manifold -AN Fitting solution question

Search this Thread

Old Aug 3, 2014, 12:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Intake Manifold -AN Fitting solution question

So I will apologize ahead of time if this has been covered but I had no idea what terms to search for to answer this and the ones I used didn't answer my question. The question is what are you guys using for the fitting on the intake manifold for switching to -an fittings on the valve cover. Thanks to mrfred and tscomp and the other guys in the crankcase pressure thread I have my routing mapped out for swapping to the -an fittings, and have the stm fittings. And I understand that the hose will just slide on to the intake fitting once routed but I see that as a "chokepoint" if you will ( not in performance but more aesthetics as I am very ocd about this car and want everything to perform great and look just as good). So I was wondering if anyone had removed the stock fitting on the intake and replaced it with an -an fitting, and if so what fitting and what was their process for that so that all of my connections are -an fittings. Thanks for the input.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 04:05 PM
Evolved Member

just go on STM's site and look at what they use in their catch can setup. If you're running a catch-can you don't necessarily need to route the hose back to the intake. I have seen many people run the intake with the port blocked off and many of the SD intakes don't even have the nipple on the intake for the hose.
Old Aug 3, 2014, 04:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by slowsrt4:(
just go on STM's site and look at what they use in their catch can setup. If you're running a catch-can you don't necessarily need to route the hose back to the intake. I have seen many people run the intake with the port blocked off and many of the SD intakes don't even have the nipple on the intake for the hose.
Keyword in OP's post, manifold.
Old Aug 4, 2014, 04:59 AM
Evolved Member

Faisalm got it, I mean push comes to shove n I'll jus slide it on. But I think it would look tacky being -an fitting, -an fitting,-an fitting... Slide one with cat clip. I would just like it to all be -an connections.