Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Not building boost past 13-15 psi

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:45 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So I found a diagram that shows from Tial how to install it, like what he said, that I have done that. I have figured out this is not a wastegate issue at all. I removed the springs and started the car, and pulled the plunger out to see what it sounds like, Yeah I have never opened the wastegate. So I decided to do a boost leak test again, and guess what it is good up to 30 psi, no leaks. I can even remove the air compressor, and it says at 30 psi for a good 2 secs before it starts to fall.

What is causing my brand new 6466 with only 1400 miles on it to not build boost past 15 psi? This is getting very irritating.......
Old Oct 11, 2014, 09:59 PM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Attachment 329912
Old Oct 12, 2014, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Do you try it the way I posted in the diagram or not at all?
Old Oct 12, 2014, 12:11 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by ak47po
Please if you have no useful information, do not post at all. I make it a point to not post random crap if I cannot help somebody. Thank you
Originally Posted by dsmaniac
Do you try it the way I posted in the diagram or not at all?
Yeah, its set up that way currently. mbc all the way down, no change.
what is the optimal AFRs for properly spooling on e85? I'm wondering if I'm bogging down my motors VE by running so rich.
Old Oct 12, 2014, 10:28 PM
Evolving Member

Are you sure you used new vacuum hose for all the connections? The OEM lines have a restricter in them and will cause you problems..obviously.

N.
Old Oct 13, 2014, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by novem
Are you sure you used new vacuum hose for all the connections? The OEM lines have a restricter in them and will cause you problems..obviously.

N.
I have all new silicon vacuum hose in the bay. This isn't an evo, it's a galant, so I don't have the restricter in the lines.. obviously.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 08:51 AM

what brand of wideband do you have and what fuel is it calibrated for. If it is still calibrated for gas, then you can just tune to stoich for gas. It will not matter what fuel is in it. Here is a good article.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...uning-e85.html
Old Oct 14, 2014, 09:29 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by dsmaniac
what brand of wideband do you have and what fuel is it calibrated for. If it is still calibrated for gas, then you can just tune to stoich for gas. It will not matter what fuel is in it. Here is a good article.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...uning-e85.html
Aem Wideband set for gas. And I know that 10s displayed on the wideband for E85 is roughly 6.6s actual because of the conversion factor. The problem is my fuel maps are both leaned out at idle all the way, but at idle I still am running 10s, so I have no idea where to adjust it, because where I go (main fuel maps) is already at 19s. I wanted to fart around with it and get it around the proper spooling afr for E85 (can't remember the ratio but i think around 11.8s 12.1s or something) I'm just tired of waiting on my tuner, its getting kinda of frustrating really
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:35 AM

yeah, 11.8 - 12.1 is good for WOT AFR but idle should be pretty lean like 14.7. What are you using to tune?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:41 AM
Evolving Member

Evo 8 Ecu So Its Ecu Flash And Evo Scan.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 11:47 AM

If the idle is ****, then the injectors are probably not set right. What injectors are you running?

Here is a decent thread.

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ec...upermerge.html

Last edited by dsmaniac; Oct 14, 2014 at 12:13 PM. Reason: forgot to add link
Old Oct 14, 2014, 01:02 PM
Evolving Member

Everytime I have a new map, the idle afr changes, so I know its not the scaling. ID 2000s is what I run. All I really want to know is can a heavy afr ratio kill spool so severely that I get the issues that I have?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 01:56 PM

Originally Posted by galantman03
Everytime I have a new map, the idle afr changes, so I know its not the scaling. ID 2000s is what I run. All I really want to know is can a heavy afr ratio kill spool so severely that I get the issues that I have?
Yeah, being too rich will do that. You should be experiencing other driveability issues as well. Does the car smell super rich?
Old Oct 14, 2014, 02:14 PM
Evolving Member

Well then..... I rest my case! Smell super rich? nah not really, but I do get quite the headache from the alcohol coming out the tail pipe haha. Other then that is drives really smooth. Only issue us fricken jitter without load (just trying to cruise ya know) but I've read that that is common. I guess Ill just fricken wait for the new map.
Old Oct 14, 2014, 02:19 PM

Originally Posted by galantman03
Well then..... I rest my case! Smell super rich? nah not really, but I do get quite the headache from the alcohol coming out the tail pipe haha. Other then that is drives really smooth. Only issue us fricken jitter without load (just trying to cruise ya know) but I've read that that is common. I guess Ill just fricken wait for the new map.
Yeah, you need to get tuned

Quick Reply: Not building boost past 13-15 psi