Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

03 Evo cv shaft popping out.

Search this Thread

Old Oct 17, 2014, 02:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
03 Evo cv shaft popping out.

I have a 03 gsr, just replaced the front passenger cv shaft and seal. The axle locks in strong and bolts up tight 160ft/lbs no issues. When I drive it down the road it pops out on left turns and leaks gear oil. The retainer clip is strong and its very difficult to remove by hand or crowbar once pressed back in. Its also making some knocking noise on left turns. I'm stumped the only thing I can think is wrong is the axle is not OEM and is from advanced auto parts but looks like it fits well and is not the issue.
Old Oct 17, 2014, 02:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You should really invest in oem axles, that sounds like your issue. Spend a bit more money on oem brotha. Good luck
Old Nov 4, 2014, 08:51 AM

I'm experiencing this issue now. Just installed dss stage 1 axle. Pulled out of the garage today and all my tcase fluid was on the floor. Upon inspection I noticed fluid from the passenger side axle so I pulled on it and it slid right out. What would cause this. I have 2k miles on them already with no issues
Old Nov 5, 2014, 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by GrimmEvo8
I'm experiencing this issue now. Just installed dss stage 1 axle. Pulled out of the garage today and all my tcase fluid was on the floor. Upon inspection I noticed fluid from the passenger side axle so I pulled on it and it slid right out. What would cause this. I have 2k miles on them already with no issues
It could be your c clip is worn, but I replaced everything and ended up rebuilding my OEM axle haven't had a problem since.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 12:56 PM

I have the same issue currently on my passenger side as well. Ive replaced the axle seal 3 times thinking I installed it wrong when I replaced my axle but then i noticed you could pop my axle out of tease with ease. I replaced the C clip, and the axle seal it is still leaking, its a brand new axle (advanced auto). Even with the brand new C clip i installed the axle immediately you can pull the axle off with no issue and the C clip with be completely smushed (same diameter as the spindle coming from tease) anyone have a clue? maybe its axle?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 07:11 PM
Evolved Member

Received 144 Likes on 128 Posts
Go to Advance Auto (I'm just picking on them for no good reason) and chances are you will receive the wrong axle. Before you swap parts check carefully that they are the same.