Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Boost leak or boost problem

Search this Thread

Old Nov 4, 2014, 09:22 AM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Boost leak or boost problem

I think I have a boost leak in my car, I have the stock MR gauges which from what I remember I'd hit 1.5 bar or somehwere around there.

I got a tuned and the car felt great but driving in traffic wasn't pssoible due to VTA bov, so I went and recircd the BOV, and I was able to drive in traffic now, but then I had partial throttle cruise bucking, so I switched to an EVO ix DV, which still bucks sometimes but its not as violent.

I just got the car about 1 month plus, but I remember it hitting close to 1.5bar on the stock MR boost gauge. Recently when boosting, when I'm in second it wont go past .5 bar, and when I shift into third it will get close to 1 bar, but usually never goes past that.

Is this an issue with a boost leak? I will be doing the boost leak test this weekend hopefully. I was wondering if I can diagnose till I get to the boost leak test. Only changes I have done was recirc the BOV and then switching to ix DV.

It doesn't appear that any of my vacuum lines have blown off, although I found the line going to the boost gauge cracked at the t-fitting, but overall its on there tight.

Also another issue that I noticed sometimes, is when I'm accelerating, the boost gauge should be moving up in unison, but I noticed that the boost gauge actaully drops as I'm boosting. So it goes from .5bar and drops back down to 0 or even vac. The car also feels very slow, I don't get pushed back in my seat. At first I thought I was getting used to the power, but the car just sounds like its making alot of air sucking noise without really going anywhere. I know what a slipping clutch is like and its not that.

Any input or help is greatly appreciated.
Old Nov 6, 2014, 02:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Boost leak test is really the only option right now.
Old Nov 7, 2014, 06:14 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
So how much boost do you wanna run peak? How are you controlling boost(MBC or stock ECU/solenoid etc.)?