Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Buschur Racing's Clutchless Four Speed project for sale

Search this Thread

Old Dec 5, 2014, 09:29 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Buschur Racing's Clutchless Four Speed project for sale

For those of you that followed the progress of the Clutchless Four Speed in my EVO you know I have now moved on.

The car is nearing completion of being a RWD and I've gone to a TH400.

The time and money invested in the trans project easily eclipsed $60,000. The trans finally got to a point that it was working well and then we developed a new issue, which I believe to be small but after three years of working on it, I do not want to pursue it further.

So, what I have is. Two complete built transmissions, ready to be installed and ran. One is a "stock" unit and the other is the trans with the billet case and 300m input shaft.

I also have a good modified RS LSD transfer case that will go along with it.

I have shifters, shifter bases, clutch pedal block off plates, multiple mount kits.

There are around 4 modified torque converters and I'd guess another 6 stock units. Let me say that there is NO torque converter for a DSM that works as well as these, do, these converters are bad ***.

There are multiple other transmission cores that I bought to build along with a large amount of spare parts.

I'd be selling every single item I have here, EVERYTHING and I'd agree to never pursue or release information of what is being used.

I have an electronic shift box that can be programmed for WOT shifting or push button shifts, it's done and finalized.

All information, technology and the machine shop that will build the housings and shafts will all be turned over to the new owner of the project.

The retail cost for one complete kit was to be $10,000 when this was done.

I have everything listed here, and more I am sure, that I'd like to sell off completely for $10,000.

This is an opportunity for someone else to finish up what little work is left and make a lot of money offering these. I stopped taking orders at about 15 orders so the interest is there.

The trans in it's stage now has held up to 9.3's. I believe that improved oiling at very high RPM is now the issue that needs looked at but I am unsure. I'd be confident in putting this trans in a 10.0 EVO and would feel you couldn't hurt it, problem is I don't want to go that slow.

If you are interested contact me directly by phone or PM.

Thank you.
Old Jan 6, 2015, 07:33 AM
Evolved Member

I'm bumping this as I'd like to see someone finish it and I'd like to get all of pieces we have here in someone else's hands.

If anyone is interested in this project you can send me a PM and we can discuss pricing further.
Old Feb 17, 2015, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Great news. A good friend of mine has bought the project and is going to continue the development on this. There's a good chance it will become reality.
Old Feb 18, 2015, 06:21 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
Great news. A good friend of mine has bought the project and is going to continue the development on this. There's a good chance it will become reality.
This is good news.
Old Feb 19, 2015, 11:38 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by David Buschur
If this becomes a reality will we have updated info on who your friend is, company etc? If I end up getting into this I'd like to know the testing and development started with you as I have followed it since the beginning.
Old Mar 4, 2015, 01:34 PM
Evolved Member

Well nobody keeps their word.........kills me.

This project did NOT sell.

Anyone interested feel free to contact me.