Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

jun 264 cams?

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17, 2004, 05:50 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally posted by Seba
I am sorry Maki that I said that it might be the wrong cams I am just traying to find out what is wrong. The car makes awsome power with the jun cams but it sounds like the timing is off and I hope I can fix it by adjusting the cam gears but I need the settings for the gears ex and intake(right now it is at 0 ex 0in)
Maybe the jun cams require some kind of engine menagement to correct the timing or a dynoflash.

You told me that I don't need a e-manage to get the car to run fine and that 264 cams are fine for street use and that they idle fine.
i sold you JUN cams knowing that boost solutions (JUN distributor) will isntall them for you, its not like they couldnt tell the difference between 264 and 272's. Why woudl I send you wrong cams anyway???

Why are they at 0in and 0ex, I have no idea. I dont wanna say anything, but setting high lift cams at 0, 0 degrees is kinda stupid and your lucky nothing went wrong with your engine. I say call George, ask what why the car is not running right, tell him to correct timing, or get your money back.
Next time when your in chicago, call me, my mechanic will correct timing if Boost solutions does do so.

Last edited by maki; Mar 17, 2004 at 05:57 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by maki

they should be:

Here is our recommended valve timing for 4G63 camshafts.
INTAKE (after top dead center): 110 deg.
EXHAUST (before top dead center): 115 deg.

by the way, boost solution is a JUN distributor, shouldnt they know how to install JUN cams???
Peter,

since you like to talk bad:

the cams were installed properly.

Let me lay it all out for you. At first, you say that springs and retainers are not needed. Well, JUN Japan says ( I called them on that one, talked to Mr. Tanaka) that they are REQUIRED, they are not optional. If you drive your Evo upto 4000rpms, you can get away with stock springs. But Seb bought teh camns with teh idea to rev to 7500, at least.

Next, on the phone you tell me that you are not sure if you send Seba the correct retainers. WTH? You, after you are claiming to be the biggest JUN distibutor, are not sure about sending a set of retainers? Because they are send in a plastic bag?

Next, only the springs were in a box labelled 4G63. The cams were in bubble wrap, the IN was marked as a 264, but there was NO designation on the exhaust cam. Remember, that is how they were sent to Seba before he came to install them.

Then, you tell Seb that he does not need any S-AFC or whatever. Wrong! Cams produc emore airflow, and you need more fuel to compensat efor that flow... If you hav etune da car and you have lean cell at idle, you know how teh car behaves. But I doubt you have any experience even with a S-AFC. Benzes do not need S-AFC.

Then after Seb asks you for a reference from some people that have bought the cams from you, you just tell us it is AL and 25 more people. In the next week, you never bothered calling Seb and giving him the phones of guys that have the cams running on their cars except Al. Seb wanted to get their opion, that is it...

Now: the cams were installed and degreed, and the cam gears were set at 0In and 0EX. I told Seb that the car will not have the same idle quality as stock. And that is what bothers him. Everything is perfectly fine, the car spools and pulls like crazy, it is just that below 1000rpms you can hear cams. It is nothing close to my idle with 1700cc injectors.

So what I recommend is that YOU SHOULD HAVE INFORMED SEB of WHAT YOU ARE SELLING HIM, so he does not have to freak out about a bit lopey idle. I understand that you are trying to make a sale, but screwing your friend like that.

Also, you are telling Seb that the engine will be damaged at 0/0 setting? DO YOU KNOW WHAT YOU ARE TALKING ABOUT?
No SPRINGS NEEDED? MILD CAMS? WRONG RETAINERS? No engine management? Dude, stick to selling JUN gauges, please... At least no support is needed there ...

George
Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:50 PM
Evolving Member

dude please

1 you couldnt install cams
2 you couldnt install springs
3 you had to remove engine to install springs and cams
4 it took you over a week to get the job done
5 you sold ecu, which you couldnt even tune

6 the car was and probably is running rich, DUDE IM IN CHICAGO AND I KNEW THAT
7 he spend 3 grand to isntall cams and nothing is working right,

make me a bad guy....
youre a joke.....

Last edited by maki; Mar 17, 2004 at 06:54 PM.
Old Mar 17, 2004, 06:58 PM
Evolving Member

Originally posted by Boost Solutions

Next, on the phone you tell me that you are not sure if you send Seba the correct retainers. WTH? You, after you are claiming to be the biggest JUN distibutor, are not sure about sending a set of retainers? Because they are send in a plastic bag?
George
wasnt everything overnighted in orginal boxes???

HEY GENIUS, JUN CAMS COME IN A PLASTIC BAG AND ARE BUBBLE WRAPPED, have you ever sold or ordered anything from JUN???

ridiculous
Old Mar 17, 2004, 07:07 PM
Evolved Member

wasnt everything overnighted in orginal boxes???

HEY GENIUS, JUN CAMS COME IN A PLASTIC BAG AND ARE BUBBLE WRAPPED, have you ever sold or ordered anything from JUN???

ridiculous
JUN cams come in bubble wrap, but WITH THE PROPER LABELS. They are not usually smuggled without labels... Like you do them from Japan...

You better stick to selling JUN cams to Benzes
Old Mar 17, 2004, 07:12 PM
Evolved Member

dude please

1 you couldnt install cams
2 you couldnt install springs
3 you had to remove engine to install springs and cams
4 it took you over a week to get the job done
5 you sold ecu, which you couldnt even tune

6 the car was and probably is running rich, DUDE IM IN CHICAGO AND I KNEW THAT
7 he spend 3 grand to isntall cams and nothing is working right,

make me a bad guy....
youre a joke.....
1 you couldnt install cams - they are installed
2 you couldnt install springs - you suggested not to insatll them. Why did you sell it to him in first place. You are concerned with your profit only, no cutomer servcie at all..
3 you had to remove engine to install springs and cams - engine was never removed, put down the crack pipe
4 it took you over a week to get the job done - It took Seb 1 week to come and pick it up
5 you sold ecu, which you couldnt even tune - the ECU was tune perfectly to 11.3 AFR and 22 psi. Seb decided he cannot afford it...

6 the car was and probably is running rich, DUDE IM IN CHICAGO AND I KNEW THAT - what do you know about tuning,,,
7 he spend 3 grand to isntall cams and nothing is working right - we charged him $600 for cams, springs, and headgasket... So STFU!

Do your homework, and knwo teh products that you sell. Do not sell parts to the people tha they do not need.

You go back to do your homework, I gotta go and tune a Z...
Old Mar 17, 2004, 07:13 PM
Evolving Member

JUN cams come in bubble wrap, but WITH THE PROPER LABELS. They are not usually smuggled without labels... Like you do them from Japan...

You better stick to selling JUN cams to Benzes
ha now thats funny, you gotta buy jun first to know what youre talking about

I, and rest of alabama know about your and your business practices, better explain my 7 points for your potential clients
yeah, just let it go

ps its funny how you tried to transfer blame to the guy who sold him cams, instead yourself, person in charge of install

PS i wish i had recored our conversation, when you called because you didnt know how to install springs....
Old Mar 17, 2004, 07:18 PM
Evolving Member

edited:
whatever..

Last edited by maki; Mar 17, 2004 at 08:10 PM.
Old Mar 18, 2004, 12:20 AM
Evolved Member

ha now thats funny, you gotta buy jun first to know what youre talking about

I, and rest of alabama know about your and your business practices, better explain my 7 points for your potential clients
yeah, just let it go

ps its funny how you tried to transfer blame to the guy who sold him cams, instead yourself, person in charge of install

PS i wish i had recored our conversation, when you called because you didnt know how to install springs....
Peter,

what should we think when the customer brings some cams with no labels? And asks us what they are. First thing is: contact the vendor. Well, not only you were misinformed ( OR LYING) about the springs, but also you did not remeber which retainers you sold to the guy. I understand you are trying to make a sale, but next time you better have firm answers if teh customer calls you back.

When was the last time you have done cams on a EVo8? When was the last time you have seen the stock springs.

I should have recorded how you were telling me to put the stock retainers with the JUN springs, since you were not sure that the retainers that you sold to the customer were for the 4G63.
The stock retainers are smaller, for your refernce. I can send you a picture for comparison.

George
Old Mar 18, 2004, 11:36 AM
Evolving Member

Peter,

what should we think when the customer brings some cams with no labels? And asks us what they are. First thing is: contact the vendor. Well, not only you were misinformed ( OR LYING) about the springs, but also you did not remeber which retainers you sold to the guy. I understand you are trying to make a sale, but next time you better have firm answers if teh customer calls you back.

When was the last time you have done cams on a EVo8? When was the last time you have seen the stock springs.

I should have recorded how you were telling me to put the stock retainers with the JUN springs, since you were not sure that the retainers that you sold to the customer were for the 4G63.
The stock retainers are smaller, for your refernce. I can send you a picture for comparison.

George
dude
everything was in original package
cams were in bubble wrap, with small sticker on them, Intake 264, exhaust 264. If one cam said Intake, it means the other was Exhaust. How difficult is it to figure out for a tuner?
regarding retainers, what are you talking about???
everything was in orignal boxes, retainers were in a black box, and said 4g63 on the side, again WHAT IS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT??
how was I lying or misinformed
youre a joke...
Old Mar 18, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

dude
everything was in original package
cams were in bubble wrap, with small sticker on them, Intake 264, exhaust 264. If one cam said Intake, it means the other was Exhaust. How difficult is it to figure out for a tuner?
regarding retainers, what are you talking about???
everything was in orignal boxes, retainers were in a black box, and said 4g63 on the side, again WHAT IS SO HARD TO FIGURE OUT??
how was I lying or misinformed
youre a joke...
Peter,

I have better things to do than argue with you.

So if somebody brings you a Tomei 260 Pon cam intake, and a Tomei exhaust cam without its label or package, how do you know if it is a Poncam or Procam?

George
Old Mar 18, 2004, 12:45 PM
Evolved Member

Measure it?
Old Mar 18, 2004, 12:50 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by JustDSM
Measure it?
Yeah, you cam measure the Tomei ( 1mm difference between Pro and Pon), but Jun has diff in the duration. No machine shops are open on Sat here.
Old Oct 17, 2006, 07:44 AM
Evolved Member

anyone has Jun 264 cams dyno on stk turbo? how do you like the overall performance on jun 264 cams?