Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Rod through the block dude

Search this Thread

Old Apr 6, 2015 | 09:48 PM
Evolving Member

Keep your head up brotha, you'll come back much stronger.
Old Apr 6, 2015 | 09:55 PM
Evolving Member

Very sorry this happened.!
My question is what gear where you in?
Old Apr 7, 2015 | 08:07 AM
EvoM Guru

Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
6466...#3 OLD *** ENGINE...base map...rolled into boost about 70% throttle and by 4200RPM...
Sometimes this is all it takes. When noodling around on an improper tune, open loop territory is a no-no, especially with a 6466 and tired, old OE engine.

Ive thought about injectors although they are new FIC 2150cc (sitting for 6 months on e85 while the car was pieced together)
This most likely wasn't an issue, but if in doubt, send them to Jens at FIC to be cleaned and flow tested, which is inexpensive and worthwhile.
Old Apr 7, 2015 | 12:02 PM
Evolved Member

Been there. The scene of the crime looks eerily familiar.

?

You say you had to roll on the throttle to keep from getting run over. Low RPM low gear High load, tired motor with a turbo not really sized for it or a proper tune, sitting for a few months with E85 (Although to be fair I had a car sit for over months with E85 I drained it but still) ALOT of variables.........

I dunno dude that sucks.
Old Apr 7, 2015 | 03:03 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by uvambo
Very sorry this happened.!
My question is what gear where you in?

I was in 3rd gear.
Old Apr 7, 2015 | 03:08 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by Ted B
Sometimes this is all it takes. When noodling around on an improper tune, open loop territory is a no-no, especially with a 6466 and tired, old OE engine.

This most likely wasn't an issue, but if in doubt, send them to Jens at FIC to be cleaned and flow tested, which is inexpensive and worthwhile.
I have a local shop that can properly test and clean them I just don't like sending parts back to be tested in case the company wants to hide something, although I'm sure fIC would never do this its just much easier for me to do it local and not ship anything, now if the injector has a mechanical issue I'll def be sending them back
Old Apr 7, 2015 | 05:48 PM
Evolved Member

I have a local shop that can properly test and clean them I just don't like sending parts back to be tested in case the company wants to hide something, although I'm sure fIC would never do this its just much easier for me to do it local and not ship anything, now if the injector has a mechanical issue I'll def be sending them back
I have some 2150s at fic right now to see if they can do anything with them. 3 out 4 of them weren't pulsing because I left ethanol in them this winter, so hopefully they can do something with them or I'm out 750 bucks or whatever they cost now because I was lazy and didn't pull them out and run some gas through them... I had a buddy send some back and they were able to get them pulsing again for him so we shall see.
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 01:24 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by gpfury86
I have some 2150s at fic right now to see if they can do anything with them. 3 out 4 of them weren't pulsing because I left ethanol in them this winter, so hopefully they can do something with them or I'm out 750 bucks or whatever they cost now because I was lazy and didn't pull them out and run some gas through them... I had a buddy send some back and they were able to get them pulsing again for him so we shall see.
Damn I didn't pull mine this winter either... I started the car a month ago and didn't notice anything out of the ordinary. I will pull them and send them to get tested just in case.
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 08:04 AM
Evolved Member

I have started my car ever week but this makes me want to pull my just in case.
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 09:13 AM
Evolved Member

Just got a nice call from fic a few hours ago, they saved all of them and the flow was within 1.2% between all 4. So I'm only out like 100 bucks
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 10:00 AM
Evolving Member

That's the best looking side exit ive ever seen.
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 11:31 AM
Evolved Member

That is the biggest side exit I've seen on a street driven vehicle.
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 01:56 PM
Evolved Member

I wouldn't have imagined that you would get very far without catching hell for a street driven side exit exhaust like that in Cali. I thought they were sticklers out there on emissions and noise and what not.
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 02:32 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by gpfury86
Just got a nice call from fic a few hours ago, they saved all of them and the flow was within 1.2% between all 4. So I'm only out like 100 bucks

That's great yeah I'm not ruling the injectors our OEM coil packs out quite yet but my focus is on the map, my tuner (who is a very popular etuner on EVOm) is looking into the injector scalings along with other things and we might be on to something. The local tuner scrambled the hex files or whatever you scramble the map with so that he wouldn't be giving my tuner any help (it was a free base map.)
Old Apr 8, 2015 | 02:36 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by RLLN247
That's the best looking side exit ive ever seen.
Thank you the exhaust is a 4 inch side exit, it's 3 inch off the turbo for about 6inches then it's transitions to 4 inch for the rest of the way. The exhaust ring on the bumper is also a Spoolin Performance product. I am fairly sure he sells 3 inch and 4 inch rings on his website. He is also the one who did my dump tubes out of the hood.

I street drove the car for about 180 miles before the failure, those 180 miles were scattered over 1 year so you can see how little car was driven. Yes it will still be a street car I have a hookup on emissions testing and it will be a race only drive when it's driven. No power steering, no heater core, wiper blades it's too extreme for a daily street car.

Quick Reply: Rod through the block dude