Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Rod through the block dude

Search this Thread

Old Apr 8, 2015 | 08:25 PM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by mitsubeastlee
Thank you the exhaust is a 4 inch side exit, it's 3 inch off the turbo for about 6inches then it's transitions to 4 inch for the rest of the way. The exhaust ring on the bumper is also a Spoolin Performance product. I am fairly sure he sells 3 inch and 4 inch rings on his website. He is also the one who did my dump tubes out of the hood.

I street drove the car for about 180 miles before the failure, those 180 miles were scattered over 1 year so you can see how little car was driven. Yes it will still be a street car I have a hookup on emissions testing and it will be a race only drive when it's driven. No power steering, no heater core, wiper blades it's too extreme for a daily street car.
I have a built 2.0 for sale as well as a 4g63 block/crank. Let me know if you're interested
Old Apr 9, 2015 | 05:34 PM
Evolved Member

right on time.
Old Apr 9, 2015 | 05:46 PM
Evolved Member

At first glance it appears the knock sensitivity was turned down and the injector scaling was 30% leaner than it should be, I would have caught this with my wideband had it been hooked up. I am going to log my fuel trims tonight to gather a little more information.
Old Apr 23, 2015 | 07:42 PM
Evolved Member

I picked up a healthy stock block last night from a buddy of mine. The block has 69k but I doubt I will run it, I really want to build a block.

I went ahead an wrapped it up for now, I am in the process of getting my finances right so I can have the block sent off to be built.

I have moved on regarding the last engine blowing up. I know the 91 pump injector scaling on e85 is what killed the motor but it was partially my fault for driving on this map without having my tuner look it over ahead of time. I will update when I make progress on the tear down.

Last edited by mitsubeastlee; Apr 24, 2015 at 06:37 PM.