Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New engine build, nothing but problems....

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4, 2015, 01:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
This reminds me of every time I try to do anything to my car. I get through everything I know how to do, and it still doesn't work except for one small thing that takes me a few days to figure out.
Old Jun 4, 2015, 01:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah its so frustrating! I just want to drive the dang car! I have missed it so much. Hopefully it will be back up and running soon.
Old Jun 5, 2015, 07:07 AM

Just wanted to update everyone. We adjusted the tps sensor and the biss screw last night. It actually holds an idle. It's a little high at 1200 but it doesn't fluctuate so I'm happy. The only thing I have eat is I have to refill power steering because it sounds awful right now and bleed the acd. I can't seem to get it to bleep get the bleeding of the acd to work properly though. When I did my motor swap I lost all the fluid for it and everytime we do the bleed trick with the key on and gas pedal held down it quits pumoing not even a second later when it should run for 3-5 seconds. We did it so many times last night and felt like no progress was made...
Old Jun 5, 2015, 09:49 PM

what kind of expectations do you have for the car with the build you have going on?
Old Jun 5, 2015, 10:13 PM

Power wise I'm hoping for around 400hp. A short list of mods is gsc s2 cams. Fully built 2.0l, port and polished head, map ef3 turbo, Id 1000cc injectors, ets front mount and short route piping. We only have 91 octane here though... I finally drove my car for the first time tonight in over a year. There is a really weird sound coming from the turbo it sounds like at idle and it's brand new... I hope it's not toast. I haven't even hit boost in it yet but it doesn't sound good at all... Gonna have it looked at on Monday. Wish there was some actual tuner shops here in missoula MT
Old Jun 6, 2015, 06:26 AM
Evolved Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Was the turbo primed before running the car? Is this on speed density? Try your old injectors and you may find out real quick if you've got an injector scaling issue in the tune.
Old Jun 6, 2015, 06:47 AM

No I'm still running a maf. I got the wierd sputter/idle issue fixed. The injectors probably need a little work on the scaling but it's running 14.7 now. And as far as priming the turbo all I did was pull my plugs and crank the car over to build up oil pressure in the engine before my first stsrt. My buddy who ordered the turbo for me told me I didn't have to do anything else... I hope he wasn't wrong and it didn't cost me my turbo.
Old Jun 8, 2015, 11:41 PM
Rom
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mtschmidty
No I'm still running a maf. I got the wierd sputter/idle issue fixed. The injectors probably need a little work on the scaling but it's running 14.7 now. And as far as priming the turbo all I did was pull my plugs and crank the car over to build up oil pressure in the engine before my first stsrt. My buddy who ordered the turbo for me told me I didn't have to do anything else... I hope he wasn't wrong and it didn't cost me my turbo.
Typically cranking with no spark is fine to prime. In the past I'd do it for 10secs, wait, do it again, reconnect fuel pump and/or CAS and/or coilpack leads, start, then let it idle for a while.
Old Jun 9, 2015, 07:49 AM
Evolved Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm not to sure your chances of pulling someones injector latency and scaling data posted here and having it run smoothly with your specific set-up and tune. It may look similar but there are potentially a ton of variables there. What are the trims doing?

Last edited by wingless; Jun 9, 2015 at 11:06 AM.
Old Jun 12, 2015, 10:35 PM

Sorry for the late response everyone. The car is running alot better. The awful noise was from the breather tube on the transmission rubbing on the twin disk clutch. Not the turbo thank God. And the fuel trims at the beginning of the first stsrt went doing anything. Probably because the ecu was just reset. My friend is going to come back and tune the the car once my new oem iac get here. I will post an update again once he does. Thanks everybody for your help