Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

My New Exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22, 2004 | 09:03 PM
Former Sponsor

Talking My New Exhaust

This is a pic of my 3 inch electronic cutout before it ismated to my new SP Helix DP and stock exhaust.
Im sick of getting pulled over for tickets such as "modified exhaust" and "unreasonable noise" and most of the time I get both of those tickets at the same time...
this past weekend ive just been driving with the DP and stock exhaust and my car was damn quiet with a real nice low rumble.. I cant wait till the cutout is installed... its gonna be transplanted near the beginning of the downpipe and another mini pipe will be fabricated to direct the exhaust flow away from oil pan and tranny... more pics and sounds clips to come when finished...
please feel free to post any comments good or bad...just dont be an ******* about it..

Old Mar 22, 2004 | 09:09 PM
Evolved Member

Old Mar 22, 2004 | 09:15 PM
Evolved Member

Got a link to the cutout. I am thinking about doing one on my personal car. It's great idea, but the stock catback is just so heavy.
Old Mar 22, 2004 | 09:22 PM
Former Sponsor

yes I do.. its
www.quicktimeperformance.com
exhaust weight wont be a problem for me anymore since I have a couple more tricks to let out soon..
I just know im gonna get in trouble messin around with cops opening and closing my cutout... or i might just get the car next to me with exhaust in some trouble....
but I do know its gonna sounds soo damn loud when that **** is open

Ive been wanting to do this ever since i read it in an article in some mag a while back.. it just took some time finding out who makes them
Old Mar 23, 2004 | 11:22 AM
Evolved Member

It is an illegal modification in most states to install a diverter like the one you have above.

If a cop hears you drive by making a huge racket and he pulls you over to find a quiet car, he will be suspicious and will look closer. The domestic guys have been using diverters for decades now...as a result, the cops know full well what they are.

But it is certainly worth a shot!

SC~
Old Mar 23, 2004 | 11:29 AM
Former Sponsor

Im gonna try and control myself from F*cking around and only open it when i need it.. its a lot better when your stuck with a loud exhaust and cant do anything about it.... put yourself in my shoes when I was pulled over at a gas station getting gas and got a ticket mid pump... this happened at least 5 times.. my friend got an exhaust ticket in my car sitting in the driver's seat parked at a gas station....i was not able to drive in "nice" neighborhoods at night even though i had legitimate excuses such as dropping a friend home.... so i hope this mod will help me a lot
Old Mar 23, 2004 | 12:17 PM
Evolved Member

Nice!
So thats why you got ridda your BR 3" TB !
Old Mar 23, 2004 | 12:22 PM

It seems some people are just born with bad luck. Hope this works for ya!
Old Mar 23, 2004 | 07:59 PM
Evolved Member

I never knew they manufactured this type of thing, always thought is had to be made custom...I love, going to be a sure mod for my evo when I get it.
Old Mar 24, 2004 | 12:41 AM
Former Sponsor

Not really.. serious crackdown on exhaust.. specially in queens...the officer that gave me the ticket told be there will be 20-30 people with me for the same exhaust tickets that gonna show up for court the same day

Originally posted by nostim
It seems some people are just born with bad luck. Hope this works for ya!
Old Mar 26, 2004 | 01:22 AM
Former Sponsor

well its installed but wiring is not finished.. didnt have enough time and custom welding it was a pain in the ***.. well the welder looked pissed.... 1st problem was the Helix DP was not a perfect fit.... the flanged connecting to the stock cat was not aligned right... 2nd was that it had way to many bends... well the pics i post will show it... pics to come probably 2morrow when i take them
Old Mar 27, 2004 | 05:03 AM
Account Disabled

what do u have all done to your evo anyway? dyno numbers?
Old Mar 27, 2004 | 07:26 AM
Evolved Member

Very tempting..
Old Mar 28, 2004 | 11:39 PM
Evolved Member

... this thing sounded great... he let me hear it at the Tobay Beach Fest on Sunday... damn this is very tempting to get
Old Mar 28, 2004 | 11:59 PM
Evolved Member

I just ordered one. Going on ASAP.

Quick Reply: My New Exhaust