Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

fp black stock block

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:17 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fp black stock block

I was wondering if I can push my car a little harder over 34 psi on stock block but I have a six speed trans.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:29 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Can't really tell anything just by boost unless you're busy wondering how much boost is starting to be too much for the turbo. Torque is what you need to be concerned about as far as what's safe for the stock rods. How much torque you make at a given PSI has many factors involved so it's hard to say how much torque a given boost pressure is going to net you. I will say that even with really low timing I would imagine that you shouldn't be running that much boost at least until higher RPM on a stock block Black. 34 PSI around 5k or less would probably produce some big torque.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:32 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome thanks a lot brother , I just have a 6 speed and more concern about that. I heard a lot bad things going on wrong with 6 speed and fp black on stock block. I hope I made the right choice of going black instead of red.
Old Sep 22, 2015, 10:36 AM
Evolving Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
I have a 6 speed and 73 HTA Green and have been beating on it for months without the problems that I read about. I'm still on stock clutch so it might be worse with an aftermarket clutch but still. My tune has gone through plenty of stages where I've messed up and had too much boost and timing in the mid range making well over 400 torque and I am yet to have a problem. I'm sure I eventually would if I kept it at that power level but the 6 speed is not as fragile as some people say.

I would be more worried about the stock rods than transmission.