Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Quieter exhaust options

Search this Thread

Old Oct 18, 2015, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ridenrunwv
Adding a small Vibrant or similar muffler is a really popular way to quiet down exhausts on all different cars. Doesn't seem to have a noticeable impact on performance either.
That's a good idea when trying to decrease the overall sound. I like it loud most of the time because racecar *for now* lol. With the varex muffler it looks like u can control how much the valve is open too. Obviously not WOT if its not fully open but that's okay
Old Mar 7, 2016, 08:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by phillybuilt
Before the Evo, I only had experience with DSM's as far as highly modified turbo cars. I always searched for a quieter exhaust, and I did as well when I finally got my Evo, as it came with a stock TBE. The Buschur 3" with Magnaflow muffler and high flow cat has got to be the nicest thing I've driven with a 4G63 in it... I have to turn the radio down to hear it sometimes! And I absolutely love the tone of it too! Been thinking about throwing a resonator in for the hell of it to see if I could quiet it down even more, but for what it's worth, this exhaust has been very good noise wise. I would recommend it with the high flow cat and the Magnaflow muffler, as opposed to the more straight through bullet muffler they offer.
Hi. Do you know which Magnaflow muffler they use in their system? Straight-through or chambered?