Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Shep Racing Rebuild

Search this Thread

Old Mar 26, 2004, 07:32 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
heh...cool...shep posts on here....if and when my tranny goes, i'm going to you john...
Old Mar 26, 2004, 06:35 PM
Evolved Member

Im just so upset about the whole deal. I dont beat/race or abuse my car and all I can say is Im totally disappointed in the potential for them to screw me on this. I hate to have to pay out of pocket for the rebuild, but at least it'll be good when its done...I hope.
Old Mar 28, 2004, 07:25 AM
Former Sponsor

shep is right, there is no " rebuild " yet for the transfer case. The other diff he is talking about hasnt been released yet. At least not as far as we know. The problem is that mitsu on some cars didnt correct the end play, and this is causing pre-mature wear. We are hesistant to make the investment to fix this problem as there is talk of a recall from mitsu. In europe they had the active yaw control and a different diff. These transfer cases were not long term before they came over to the states. Mitsu def knows they have a problem, thing is will they do anything about it. It would really suck to invest 30+ k on having gearing made if they are just going to recall them.

Mark
Turbotrix Racing
Old Mar 28, 2004, 07:43 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
John, welcome to the boards!! I hope you stick around and become a vendor. I am a big fan, and just waiting for my tranny to get hosed so I can get it to your shop!
Old Mar 29, 2004, 06:10 AM
Evolved Member

I've dealt with John on two seperate occasions with my transmission. In each case, the work was done very quickly and for a relative bargain.

Both times, I had the transmission back within a week, including the 2 days in transit, both ways. I think John had my tranny for a grand total of 2 days the first time I sent it in.

Last edited by ShapeGSX; Mar 29, 2004 at 08:28 AM.
Old Mar 29, 2004, 08:25 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Well, let me throw mine in here too. We are and have already rebuilt the EVO trannies too. As a matter of fact the trans that is in our car now that we ran the 11.65 on Tym rebuilt.

We have been working out the costs on rebuilding them, we will have pricing done tomorrow actually.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Mar 29, 2004, 08:53 AM
Evolved Member

I hope my tranny or t-case doesnt go bad
Old Mar 29, 2004, 04:08 PM
Evolved Member

ATTENTION: John Shepherd has left the building!
His ISP is on the fritz, so be patient and he'll get back or e-mail him.

Mitsu is rebuilding my tranny currently, and if they won't fix it for free (they're going to), Im going to tell them to box it up and take it to Turbotrix (just because Shep is a bit far to take the whole darn car).

Im sure they'll do an adequate job on the build, and the next time it goes because of all the power I plan on putting to it, I'll have another car and be able to send the tranny out. Thanks for the responses, guys. Wish me luck!
Old Mar 30, 2004, 07:05 AM
Former Sponsor

aargh I am back on guys, took me 4 days to figure ouy my router was actuall the problem. For some reason the site was the only site I could not get one? Any ways give me a few days to reply to all the pm's

thanks

btw David nice hijack
Old Mar 30, 2004, 07:13 AM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by jshepherd
[B

btw David nice hijack [/B]
This isn't anything new
Glad to have you back John
Old Mar 30, 2004, 07:21 AM
Evolving Member

hey John...it would be cool if you could add an "EVO transmission" section on your site...kinda like "DSM AWD TRANSMISSION REBUILD" and "DSM FWD TRANSMISSION REBUILD" that is currently there...I know you're busy... just a suggestion as I'm ASSuming that it would answer alot of your PM's...I know it would mine.

Old Apr 1, 2004, 07:15 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks John, was mine any different than B&M/Turbotrix? I mean other than you don't stay at my house when you go to New Jersey? haha

David
Old Apr 1, 2004, 07:18 AM
Evolved Member

can we please not turn this into another pissing match guys.

you all do great job and it is great to see all the options we have as far as tranny goes.

thanks

Snir
Old Apr 1, 2004, 07:22 AM
Evolved Member

Re: Shep Racing Rebuild

i was at his house sunday, hes finishin his talon up, the motor is running again, the turbo huggggge! and hes got a pretty good plan for his evo, he will be at our BBQ meet sunday the 4th. so come out, and also , ya im gonna have him do my tranny too when i get the extra cash. hes got a nice setup there, Nitrous fill station, barrel of 120+ octane fuel, i will be getting a ride in his rebuilt tranny evo on sunday so i can see the difference, he said its alot better so we will see, i have talked to other dsm owners that say they love the tranny.

Originally posted by feldguy
Welp......basically Im planning on cutting my losses with Mitsu. I dont have good feelings about the bastards making good on the crap job they did on my tranny. The clutch is adjusted, but now 3rd gear grinds to all hell. I got a great price estimate from John, now all I have to do is figure out what to do about getting the tranny out and over there. Opinions welcome.

Anyone ever drive to Sheps place and drop the car off? I'd love to do that, take a long weekend and leave on thursday, drive home with my bullet-proofed tranny.....otherwise, approx. how much is shipping from NJ to OH, estimate?
Old Apr 1, 2004, 08:30 AM
Former Sponsor

was mine any different than B&M/Turbotrix? I mean other than you don't stay at my house when you go to New Jersey? haha

No it wasn't any different, I jest felt like busting your ***** for a change. Friends ?

Btw I stayed at Gabes place who has a roomate that works at t.trix

Quick Reply: Shep Racing Rebuild