Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

muse o2 dump...

Search this Thread

Old Dec 22, 2015 | 03:09 PM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

here you go guys...who's says muse o2 dump doesn't work with buschur pipes...for those of you who prefer spending $300 instead of making **** work...cost me $60...coupler will get upgraded to a high heat coupler but in the mean time it'll be wrapped with heat protectant wrap...didn't feel like cutting up the pipes a whole bunch...oh, dump was extended 2" and added somewhat of a 90 degree bend at the end so it points the fumes towards the ground...there's a good 1" - 1.25" between dump and pipe...some times with a little bit of time and patience you can make **** work...you don't always have to go and spend a million $ for a freaking pipe...oh btw, I bought this dump for $100, bought copper gasket for $40 (wanted best gasket didn't have to go this route), and spent $60 making it work...$200...
Attached Thumbnails muse o2 dump...-image.jpg  

Last edited by nor11384; Dec 22, 2015 at 03:20 PM.
Old Dec 23, 2015 | 11:59 AM

$40 for a gasket? Why didn't you just use the stock one and then use copper gasket spray? That stuff has always worked wonders for me on all my cars, just my two cents though.
Old Dec 23, 2015 | 12:36 PM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

i got the o2 dump used and didnt come with a gasket...i agree with the copper spray stuff, i use it alot too...all i could find was a steel gasket and didnt want that...figured id just get the copper gasket and do it one time...
Old Dec 23, 2015 | 01:56 PM

Yeah I suppose if you're buying the gasket anyways might as well get the copper one. I had a smilier situation with my STM O2 dump pipe touching my stock LICPing. I just ignored it thinking it wouldn't get hot enough to do anything, but it ended up burning it really good lol. I just took the DP off and wrapped the whole thing and it hasn't gotten any worse. Next mod is the LICP before that one blows though lol
Old Dec 23, 2015 | 03:54 PM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

lol yeah...I got some insulating wrap and wrapped the o2 cables on it and that coupler under o2 dump...should be good......
Old Dec 29, 2017 | 09:31 PM
Evolving Member

I got 1 page into this sh*it and just couldnt take it anymore. Get rid of ur Evo bruh! Skimping on little things like this is just a sign of not being able to afford the car. $200 is pocket change compared to what ur facing down the road. Hacking up parts is just a waste of time. You were better off just buying an 02 Flange and having ur "Fab guy" Fab a dump from scratch. You cant be cheap with these cars. Its a recipe for disaster.
Old Dec 30, 2017 | 09:11 AM
Evolved Member
FCOTM Winner

Dude wtf are you talking about? I don’t even remember this thread. It’s been 2 years.The o2 dump has been on there no problem working just fine. You know what an o2 dump is? A ****ing metal pipe. Because I cut it and had a fab guy position it a couple degrees different than how some fab guy in a shop made it doesn’t mean the car is falling apart. Yeesh some of you guys don’t have an open mind or any imagination at all. If it’s not some part from some company made to work with all their other parts then the car is ****? I got this car in pieces and look at where it is now. Yeah it’s been through struggles as I got it sorted out but now it runs awesome and it’s reliable as ****. My thread is evidence that by using the squishy part between your ears a little bit you can make the o2 dump work with buschur pipes. Being a husband, father of 2 and maintaining a house ain’t cheap and neither is owning a car like an evo but I do everything to this car myself. I know this mother****er inside and out by now except when it comes to the electricity part of it which I’m just not good at. It’s been a great learning experience and still going strong. Always dreamed of owning one of these things and finally did it. Therefore, no I ain’t getting rid of this car. I ****ing love this car and if you can’t read my thread then with all due respect please gtfo.

Last edited by nor11384; Dec 30, 2017 at 10:02 AM.