Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Stalling/misfire issue code and p0172

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2016, 05:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Stalling/misfire issue code and p0172

So lately ive been having an intermitent issue with my car where it will start to buck and hesitate and go all the way rich so much so that the car will actually misfire and stall out. I first noticed this issue at least 5 months ago but it would happened so seldomly and for less than a split second i never thought much of it. Fast foward to this week and now the issue is much more evident. Car will begin to run rich while crusing or under load randomly and get so bad that i cannot accelerate and would usually stall out. Give it a couple minutes and ill start it back up and itll run perfectly fine and ud never know there was an issue. I did some logs while the problem was happening and fuel trims are right at -12. Front oxygen sensor appears to be reading condition that are happening and see that rich issue which is why its throwing a p0172 code. Ecu is obviously trying to remove enough fuel. Aem wideband is reading afr to be normal until issue starts to happen then itll go all the way rich and misfire or stall. I have 1100cc injectors omni 4 bar map sensor and converted to speed density. First thoughts that come to mind are either boost leak or maybe failing ignition coils. I intend to try and start diagnosing this weekend but the weather is just so cold it makes it very hard to work outside and i have no garage. Just thought id get some other opinions before i start digging into it.
Old Feb 12, 2016, 06:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Get a scope on your injectors or do a balance test when problem is replicated.