Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Converting ACD T-case to Non-ACD

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2016, 06:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Converting ACD T-case to Non-ACD

Ok..so a little background.

I have a complete Non ACD case with a burned ring and pinion, I also have a perfect ACD case off a 2005 MR with 21,000 miles. It looks brand new on the inside. The Non ACD case came off of my EVO VIII and burned its *** off from a seal failure.

I would prefer not to disassemble the pinion gear and transfer it to the NON ACD case. Too much BS (preload, pinion depth and side bearing clearances to mess with)Plus the NON ACD case bearings look like complete ****. So I would like to see if I can retain the ACD case if possible. Other post said this is possible if I move the non acd viscous coupling over and swap diff housings and the cover. But the bolt pattern is completely different and there is no viscous coupling in the non acd T-case. So WTF?

What is the procedure if someone has done this before?
Old Feb 17, 2016, 08:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 29 Likes on 26 Posts
just did one last week.

use the acd case. remove clutch pack. remove ring gear from diff housing. remove lsd diff from housing as well.

use non acd diff housing, installed with acd ring gear and lsd diff. use non acd cover. easy peasy dude. dot know who' making it difficult. bolt patterns are the same.