Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Anyone has a Sheepey FF kit installed? Need help

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2016, 03:29 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone has a Sheepey FF kit installed? Need help

I have a new Sheepey FF kit built for my Super99 but Im having problems aligning the pipes...does anyone have a kit already installed that could point me in the direction...I cant figure out the intercooler at all! I havent got a response from Sheepey yet for help.

I have to install the IC first in order to adjust the turbine and be able to connect the pipes...but... Plus I dont know if he sent me an Universal IC since this intercooler does not have upper mounting tabs and it flops like a sail on the wind!

You have seen my previous built...I mean, Im not an idiot...

If I put the brackets like some of the pics I found, the IC will literally be in the floor.

If I flip the brackets the IC will be way too high, I hate to think I would have to make new holes if this a kit for the Evo.

Last edited by Pirana; Apr 30, 2016 at 03:35 PM.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 05:22 PM
Evolved Member

Im done with this set up...zero customer support.
Old Jun 4, 2016, 06:13 PM
Evolved Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
2 months later and they didn't try to make it work for you? .... sry for your loss man!
Thx for the heads up!
Old Jun 7, 2016, 05:55 PM
Evolving Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
this is my friend's kit, his IG is Jeffs_evo maybe he can help

Old Jun 7, 2016, 09:31 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Why will you go with a garbage company their work and customer service sucks A** hope you get your money back
Old Jun 8, 2016, 05:33 AM
Evolved Member

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts
A friend of mine bought a Sheepy turbo kit and upon install, found that it wasn't built with the idea of the transmission and the turbo being in the car at the same time. He sent it back for them to correct the issue and the turnaround time was horrible. They seem to be fairly inconsistent as far as fitment goes, but at least the quality of construction appears consistent.
Old Jun 8, 2016, 06:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 1,571 Likes on 1,348 Posts
Originally Posted by Tuxevo
A friend of mine bought a Sheepy turbo kit and upon install, found that it wasn't built with the idea of the transmission and the turbo being in the car at the same time. He sent it back for them to correct the issue and the turnaround time was horrible. They seem to be fairly inconsistent as far as fitment goes, but at least the quality of construction appears consistent.
Doesn't really matter if it doesn't fit..
Old Jun 8, 2016, 07:27 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My kit came as kinda a flop as well, I was able to reuse the mounting brackets and drill new holes. top of the IC should sit right under the compressor housing. Construction of the kit was great, just the location wasn't too great. I'm sure Alex and those guys mean well, they should have corrected the mounting brackets for you at the least. The location issue was a biggie for me, core was on spot. I didnt mind drilling new holes in the bracket.
Old Jun 13, 2016, 10:18 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My sheepey ff kit has turned into a fitment nightmare. They don't really respond to my emails and when they do, they seem to just agree that the fitment is ****ty. Horrible company.
Old Jun 14, 2016, 06:16 AM
Evolved Member

well...you guys are right...I wanted something different and Alex gave me a good price and a good time frameand he offered the only FF kit that fitted an air filter. I wanted a bumper exit plus a regular dp which he did do (mind my bumper exit really doesn't fit) and this problem with the intercooler.

Here is my take...this intercooler is their universal IC and they figure out it kind of fits...so they make the pipes and roll them out. The inlet and outlet pipes are almost in the middle of the core so they are too high in relation to the bumper. So either you cut the bumper all out to clear the pipes or you lower the core so the pipes clear the bumper, but then you find out that that's not the right position since the charge pipe won't reach the turbo...

And yes....they don't respond to after sale emails...so NO...I wouldn't recommend anyone their kits...sorry. If I could do it all over again I would definitely go with ETS or STM.