Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

What do I do NEXT?

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2016, 09:19 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
No problem. Follow the thread on the 450 install showing how to modify the pump/hanger. Then I used the Stm rewire kit and a hobbs pressure switch from spoolin up to wire like this:

Old May 27, 2016, 09:21 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I did read the 450 install thread and it seems straight forward with a dremel. I will however need help re-wiring my fuel pump because it will be my very first time and it's a little confusing.
Old May 27, 2016, 09:54 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Once you get the Stm rewire kit and hobbs switch the only thing you will need is an add a circuit fuse which you can get at your local auto parts store.

The relay (included in Stm kit) will be numbered just as the diagram shows as and hobbs switch will be label just as in the diagram also. Use the add a fuse to get a switched positive from your fuse box and run to the location marked Com (common) on the hobbs. Then run a wire from the NO (normally open) prong of the hobbs to the location marked 86 on your relay. Run a wire from the 85 location on the relay to a chassis ground.

The large guage wire from the kit will be connected to the positive of the battery and ran to the location marked 30 on the relay. Then use the remainder of the large wire to run from 87 of the relay and splice into the white wire of the factory fuel pump harness near the pump. Lastly splice into the black wire of the factory fuel pump wire harness and run to a chassis ground.

There will be a barb on the hobbs pressure switch to run a hose to a boost source. Also don't forget to drill the pump siphon to 9/64 while the pump is out.
Old May 27, 2016, 10:42 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by nickelndime
Once you get the Stm rewire kit and hobbs switch the only thing you will need is an add a circuit fuse which you can get at your local auto parts store.

The relay (included in Stm kit) will be numbered just as the diagram shows as and hobbs switch will be label just as in the diagram also. Use the add a fuse to get a switched positive from your fuse box and run to the location marked Com (common) on the hobbs. Then run a wire from the NO (normally open) prong of the hobbs to the location marked 86 on your relay. Run a wire from the 85 location on the relay to a chassis ground.

The large guage wire from the kit will be connected to the positive of the battery and ran to the location marked 30 on the relay. Then use the remainder of the large wire to run from 87 of the relay and splice into the white wire of the factory fuel pump harness near the pump. Lastly splice into the black wire of the factory fuel pump wire harness and run to a chassis ground.

There will be a barb on the hobbs pressure switch to run a hose to a boost source. Also don't forget to drill the pump siphon to 9/64 while the pump is out.
This may already be done on my car. I bought it with a 255 pump already. And I could never figure out what that 8 gauge power wire was.