Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch Opinions

Search this Thread

Old Jul 5, 2016, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch Opinions

I have searched everywhere, to start this off with. I need some opinions on what clutch to go with.

It is a Manley 88mm crank brand new. 5 speed transmission. Ive got a tilton pedal stop on the way already. But i need to know what clutch to go with for around 600whp with room to grow. I know its based off of torque and hp but the whp is my goal and someone else will hopefully chime in on the torque aspect.

Ive had my mind set on a quartermaster street 8 leg but with all the reviews online saying it doesnt last long, or that it slips, what is someone elses thoughts?

Ive also looked at going with the exedy twin or triple. But i like the thought of the HRB so that the clip doesnt fall off.
Old Jul 5, 2016, 02:20 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by EvO_essence
I have searched everywhere, to start this off with. I need some opinions on what clutch to go with.

It is a Manley 88mm crank brand new. 5 speed transmission. Ive got a tilton pedal stop on the way already. But i need to know what clutch to go with for around 600whp with room to grow. I know its based off of torque and hp but the whp is my goal and someone else will hopefully chime in on the torque aspect.

Ive had my mind set on a quartermaster street 8 leg but with all the reviews online saying it doesnt last long, or that it slips, what is someone elses thoughts?

Ive also looked at going with the exedy twin or triple. But i like the thought of the HRB so that the clip doesnt fall off.
I love the Exedy triple I have thrown some abuse at it and it holds solid. Its got alot of chatter but whatever its a race car and im 650+ WHP
Old Jul 5, 2016, 05:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 109 Likes on 99 Posts
my exedy triple has done fine... 760/525.

it does rattle alot, and makes other various noises.
Old Jul 6, 2016, 04:30 AM

The rattle doesnt bother me lol. Like you said RACECAR.

No one else have any opinions??
Old Jul 7, 2016, 04:44 PM

anyone?
Old Jul 14, 2016, 11:11 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've used both versions of the qm twin (street and race), and they both performed awesome. The race was harder the drive on the street because it was like an on/off switch, but no slipping to speak of for either. The only down fall that I experienced was, on a car that's driven more on the street, it tends to be a little harder on the transmission due to the unsprung discs.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 05:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally Posted by hutch959
my exedy triple has done fine... 760/525.

it does rattle alot, and makes other various noises.
What other nosies does it make? What does it sound like? I have a triple in mine it makes some nosies that I can't make out if it is the clutch or the trans. Please explain thanks
Old Jul 31, 2016, 05:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
i have an exedy twin and its not really that noisy. I drive my car every day, and barely notice anything.
Old Jul 31, 2016, 06:34 PM
Evolved Member

I have had the twin before. But now with my new set up I have triple. Just wondering other than chatter what other nosies people are hearing. Seeing if it's the same thing I'm hearing
Old Aug 1, 2016, 01:16 PM
rk7

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also have an Exedy Twin and its not that bad at all. Got use to it really quick, and I use my car as a daily.
Old Aug 2, 2016, 12:23 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FL_SilverEvo8
What other nosies does it make? What does it sound like? I have a triple in mine it makes some nosies that I can't make out if it is the clutch or the trans. Please explain thanks

Just a random video of a guy letting his GF try to drive his Evo lol...but if you turn the sound up you can hear this sort of OooooOoooooOOOoooo sound. That sound and the little actual chatter when you press it in. I bet what you're hearing is normal.