Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

FP Zero

Search this Thread

Old Jul 18, 2016 | 06:23 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

FP Zero

Just looking for some input on the FP Zero as I'm looking into replacing my EF4 with one of these turbo's. Any information regarding reliability, power, spool etc. would be greatly appreciated! Dyno graphs would be great if possible, as they seem to be rare even on the FP Zero thread. I will be putting it on a 2.3 with 4.11 FD and I will be tuning on a FiTronic flex fuel kit as well so if anyone with a 2.3 could chime in that would be great! Thanks everyone!
Old Jul 18, 2016 | 07:50 AM
EvoM Guru

Same as all of the other FP BB turbos, make sure you crank case ventilation system is up to par so the turbo doesn't push oil.

My Red has the same CHRA as your Zero, and it's given me 10k trouble free miles along with 3 track days so far. Running Amsoil signature series 5w50 on the street and Amsoil dominator 15w50 on the track.

Not sure if you saw this thread by TSComp, but it looks like a solid turbo for boost threshold and power, especially on the big 2.4, your 2.3 should be similar in regards to where full boost is reached as long as you have a good setup..

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ms-93-e85.html
Old Jul 18, 2016 | 08:26 AM
Evolving Member
Veteran: Army

Originally Posted by letsgetthisdone
Same as all of the other FP BB turbos, make sure you crank case ventilation system is up to par so the turbo doesn't push oil.

My Red has the same CHRA as your Zero, and it's given me 10k trouble free miles along with 3 track days so far. Running Amsoil signature series 5w50 on the street and Amsoil dominator 15w50 on the track.

Not sure if you saw this thread by TSComp, but it looks like a solid turbo for boost threshold and power, especially on the big 2.4, your 2.3 should be similar in regards to where full boost is reached as long as you have a good setup..

https://www.evolutionm.net/forums/ev...ms-93-e85.html
I've been talking with Tom about this turbo as well and he seems to like it. He told me about a car he just tuned, I'm assuming this one, that made around 770 so it seems pretty promising especially with the quick spool like you said. Seems to spool sooner than my EF4 even lol Thanks for the input!