Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Tilton twin disc lockout?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 26, 2016, 11:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Tilton twin disc lockout?

I've installed my Tilton Engineering Twin and can't get into gear. I know the plates were installed correctly, the bleed went perfect and it's solid and still not coming out with anything. The only thing I thing that could have happened is the fins got warped messed up, but see no visible damage with a borescope. I'm completely at a loss and don't know what to do because this is the second install with the same problem. Any help please would help. Thanks in advance for the advice or ideas
Old Jul 31, 2016, 09:18 AM
Evolved Member

Received 50 Likes on 46 Posts
What exactly do you mean this is the second install with the same issue?
Old Jul 31, 2016, 12:02 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by hiroki702
I've installed my Tilton Engineering Twin and can't get into gear. I know the plates were installed correctly, the bleed went perfect and it's solid and still not coming out with anything. The only thing I thing that could have happened is the fins got warped messed up, but see no visible damage with a borescope. I'm completely at a loss and don't know what to do because this is the second install with the same problem. Any help please would help. Thanks in advance for the advice or ideas
Had a similar issue with a cc twin disk

Ended up i didnt grease the splines enough on the box and clutch discs.

Make sure the clutches can move smoothly and easily on the gearbox shaft.
Old Sep 13, 2016, 06:25 PM

I have a Tilton OT-II 7.25 w/ cera met. disc (64185-8-VW-30H) 1X23 HRD, but it originally had the six puck disc. I didn't realize it at the time, but the person before me installed so pretty crappy hardware/ hardware failure causing my hydro release to go everywhere also causing my discs to glaze way to fast then it should have. I thought I was okay just replacing the disc, floater plate (2nd thin one), and the hydro release that I had to replace due to the fitting breaking apart. I ended up replacing the 1st floater plate that seem to have massive wear markings, I also had the flywheel resurfaced. Every time I do this install I have the worst noise coming from my car and it's the same every time I press in the clutch for the first time.
I know how twin/triple discs tend to sound like, and this is not normal by any means. You just hear pure metal on metal contact and the clutch is barely able to disengage so I didn't really want to force it in at all. I have contacted Tilton and I know that I'm installing the discs just as instructed. I have the TE rivets facing towards the flywheel with the bigger hubs of the two discs closest to the flywheel. I'm really sorry I'm bothering any of you about this, but I'm a vet with ptsd and had to quit my job because I didn't have a way to and from work. Any would be amazing at this point.
Old Feb 17, 2017, 10:04 AM

I kept having to many issues so I ended up just switching back to a comp clutch and going down with my power.