Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 8 oil squirters hitting Wiseco pistons?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 16, 2016, 08:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 8 oil squirters hitting Wiseco pistons?

I did a search and found that its an issue on evo 10s and also 8/9s with stroker setups but the car I'm working on is a stock 2.0 evo 8 with wiseco 9:1 pistons and manley rods being installed. The pistons hit the oil squirters / won't even get close to going down all the way. ( 1/4" or so from being down all the way ) Does anyone have pictures on how to bend them to avoid me cracking them or having clearance issues with the crank then? Any advice would be appreciated.
Old Oct 16, 2016, 08:23 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I just built my 2.3, had to bend my squirters as well, just put a flathead on the bottom of it and push it back, towards the other side of the cylinder that is, make sure you don't slip and score the cylinder wall like I did. lol. its very simple
Old Oct 16, 2016, 08:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by roni4g63
I just built my 2.3, had to bend my squirters as well, just put a flathead on the bottom of it and push it back, towards the other side of the cylinder that is, make sure you don't slip and score the cylinder wall like I did. lol. its very simple
Which way are you trying to actually move the squirter though, does it just get bent down slightly or does it also get bent towards the front or back of the car? I'm sure its pretty simple once you see what actually needs to be done but my engine is in the car so I'm fighting oil dripping on me too haha.
Old Nov 2, 2016, 12:03 PM
Evolving Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
I had to bend mine down and out a little bit.. I have read this makes them weak and they will likely break off at some point.. Im just crossing my fingers they settle nicely in the bottom of the pan.
Only reason I didn't delete them was to keep my oil pressure from being sky high.
Old Nov 3, 2016, 04:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Would it work if you install thicker gasket or a extra gasket between the blosck and squiter, so it mounts slightly further from the block and give you slight more gap between the piston and squiter? Just throwing out an opinion.. If you are going to try, careful not to block the oil feeder hole on the squiter bolt.
Old Nov 4, 2016, 01:10 PM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Why don't you just notch the piston skirt.. your machine shop could do it, if you don't want too. Just a thought--your not going to remove enough material to cause a problem.