Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

advice on my engine package

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2016 | 07:03 PM

advice on my engine package

hi guys i have an evo 4 pumping out about 800whp on 40psi with an fp3794, running 2.2l stroker, steel forged etc using 288 cams big valves, single external gate.

i am uping the ante a little as i noticed the exhaust back pressure was real high so i am going 3.5" side exit and pretty much dedicating it to drag racing only, i am just also chaingin over to a full haltec system and uping to 16v, ill put a little more boost in it to as the exhaust pretty much limited the boost to 40psi before.

anyway i am using a 600 x 300 x 75mm bar and plate intercooler with 2.5" piping and a custom intake manifold with a 70mm lexus throttle body and i am wondering now if the inteake side will be limiting power at all, does anyone have any experience to offer here? my intention is to go bigger on the turbo at some point and maybe run dual injectors so i can go methanol.

has anyone used the ebay intake manifolds and throttle bodys? they look pretty good and they are cheap, i havent used any ebay stuff apart from a few dress up items but surely there cant be to much in a throttle body??

jack