Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

narrow band A/F Gauge

Search this Thread

Old Apr 1, 2004, 03:32 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
narrow band A/F Gauge

Being as I'll be letting someone do my tuning (most likely turbotrix in NJ when I get my stuff added on), I just need something to keep me with a heads up....how accurate/effective are the cheaper, narrow band A/F gauges?
Old Apr 1, 2004, 04:09 PM
Evolving Member

They are just for emissions, just pretty lights going back and forth. Your best bet is to make them tune you a tad on the rich side at the expense of some HP, then you won't have any problems. Otherwise get this thing, it's a real wideband and they don't come much cheaper:
http://www.innovatemotorsports.com/
Just make sure you know what you're doing if you decide to tinker or "boom!"
Old Apr 1, 2004, 04:25 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: narrow band A/F Gauge

Originally posted by feldguy
Being as I'll be letting someone do my tuning (most likely turbotrix in NJ when I get my stuff added on), I just need something to keep me with a heads up....how accurate/effective are the cheaper, narrow band A/F gauges?
Are you gonna get a standalone or are you going with a piggy-back or some reflash? The reflashes come off the shelf and all are tuned "safe". The piggy-backs have off-the-shelf maps too which are probably "safe" as well. The standalones definitely need custom tuning and the reflashes or piggy-backs can also be custom tuned. Your tuner is in charge of making sure you are tuned "safe" yet effectively. Unless you have a standalone or some user programmable piggy-back, I don't see why you'd want an A/F ratio meter. All you can do is watch helplessly since you cannot change anything.
Your original question however was whether to use a narrow band O2 sensor display.... I'd say that those are pretty useless. What eevoo wrote is correct. You can also get the AEM UEGO controller and display for around $100 more, but the beauty of it is that it interfaces with the AEM EMS and actually controls your A/Fs to a pre set value
Anyway, unless you like the blinking lights, the narrow band O2 displays are fairly useless.
Old Apr 1, 2004, 04:34 PM

I am selling the Innovate A/F meters for $350 shipping included.