Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

New Clutch - South Bend Stage 2 Daily

Search this Thread

Old Feb 14, 2017, 10:46 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Clutch - South Bend Stage 2 Daily

Just put new injectors n GS 3port boost controller in and car was at 336whp / 334tq b4 the install. Looking to get as close to 400whp as possible with new additions. But once they were installed n put on the dyno. As soon as we started making more power my clutch began to slip. So currentlyi am trying to make as close to 400hp as possible once i get some other things in order i will be taking the car to between 450hp - 500hp. The clutch is rated at 450tq but the extra power upgrades will not be happening for quite sometime. So i am looking to see if anyone has run this clutch ( south bend stafe 2 daily ) with around the sane power range i have. I am not sure of the clutch in my car now the previous owner said it was replaced but gave bo info as to what kind or proof of it even being done. I guess ill find out when it gets pulled. Let me kno what u think and if u have had success with this clutch or other clutches u found to be equally good. Thanks guys
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:04 AM
Evolved Member

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts
This is a great clutch. Another member on here has one on an evo with great feedback. I've driven one on 750hp bmw and it felt amazing on the street and held the tq. I personally have a competition stage 2 with great results. It's a perfect daily driving clutch that handles more tq than stock and good for light track use. There are good options for those that need a clutch that handles more tq than stock but don't necessarily need or want to jump to a twin disk.
Old Feb 14, 2017, 11:56 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yes the car is my dd right niw and twin disks are brutal for stop and go daily driving. I also heard not only r they close to srock feel but next to no chatter from them as well. I have been steered away from clutchmasters due to high failure rate. But this will be my first clutch replacement on my first awd build.
Old Feb 15, 2017, 11:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Southbend makes great clutches, no idea why most here don't use them....I have a stage 2.5 (custom job) and it shifts like butter and holds 400whp no problem.

They also underrate their clutches by ~10% so there's a bit of room there.