Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Clutch problem?!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 7, 2017, 11:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Clutch problem?!

Hi all, I have a 1994 evolution 2 and i have an issue..

First off i was driving in 5th gear, went to change down to 4th and crunched quite badly.. i then struggled to get it into any gear, i just made it to work and turned the car off, I have started it and won't go into any hear what so ever, any ideas?? Cheeeers
Old Apr 9, 2017, 05:15 AM
Rom
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by evo2pwr
Hi all, I have a 1994 evolution 2 and i have an issue..

First off i was driving in 5th gear, went to change down to 4th and crunched quite badly.. i then struggled to get it into any gear, i just made it to work and turned the car off, I have started it and won't go into any hear what so ever, any ideas?? Cheeeers
Does it go in to gears with the car turned off? If so, does the pedal feel any different? Does the clutch fork move when you depress the clutch? Sounds like the clutch disk isn't disengaging from the flywheel, which usually means the pressure plate isn't being pulled by the TOB (I'm not familiar with Evo 2's specifically, but assume they still have a pull style clutch).

Usually the clutch will hit the floor (and stay there) if the TOB comes out though, since the pressure plate pulling the TOB back towards the flywheel is what pushed the slave cylinder back in (pushing the pedal back up) - though if the TOB has half come off, the pedal could still rise, but usually feels different. Something like that happened to me once in my Evo 9 a few years ago.

You can also take a look through the inspection hole to see if everything looks fine in there..

if you can't engage gears with the engine off either though, then I'd say more likely an internal transmission issue.

thanks!

S.