Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

CEL P0122 and sometimes P0107.. car dies, sometimes runs fine

Search this Thread

Old May 27, 2018, 07:30 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CEL P0122 and sometimes P0107.. car dies, sometimes runs fine

Ive been having an issue for quite some time now. Thought I fixed the issue before I brought the car out this year. Last year the car would out of the blue just completely shut down while driving. Wouldn’t start back up until randomly it would and I could drive it fine. After scanning it, I came up with the P0107 (MAP circuit low).. after looking around I found the plug for the map sensor a little beat up, with some exposed wires. So I thought that’s where my problem was. Bad connection. So I bought a new pigtail and properly spliced the new plug in. This year I was able to drive the car no problem for 3 days until it died on the way home from work. Wouldn’t start up until it randomly did. Drove a mile down the road to my work and parked it there. It ran no problem for about 40 min. until I shut the car down. So now when I scan the car it gives me P0122 ( throttle/pedal position sensor/switch A circuit low) as well as the P0107 for the map sensor. I just bought a new Omni 4 bar map sensor hoping that will fix my issues. I’m tuned on speed density so I would assume a faulty MAP would cause the no starts and the sudden dieing. So now what I’m asking is, does the MAP sensor sound like the culprit here? Or would a throttle position sensor cause an issue like this? Possibly bad wiring somewhere? Any help is appreciated!! Thank you in advance.