Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Shane's Weekend Fun, story time, 'chall -Part 1

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2004, 11:40 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shane's Weekend Fun, story time, 'chall -Part 1

Hey guys,

As you may or may not know, I bought a new Buschur front mount a few days ago, and I slapped it in there yesterday. Great unit. The welds are beautiful, it's a big beefy unit (i know 'cooler is gonna help tremendously this summer), and the upgraded lower piping is great. I was planning on keeping my stock piping, but then I saw (previous thread) the inlet to the upper pipe got seriously fubar'd and then decided I was going to eventually upgrade my upper pipe and relocate the batt or go with the minibattery.

So today, I just decided to say screw it, take the plunge, and buy the minibatt/upper pipes. Hell, the cooler/upperpipes/minibatt are all on one credit card anyway, so I'll just throw 200-400 bucks a month towards it and call it a done deal. I just placed my order about an hour ago (Hi Tym/David ).

After I placed my order, I then decided to remove all my mods from the engine, clean em up, and put them in my garage until these goodies come (thank god for a girlfriend who doesn't mind driving her car). So I unbolted, unscrewed, and took out everything. A few things came to mind as I was doing this.

I have the AEM intake. I never called AEM to get the replacement filter for this one's ambiguous design, so my filter now is in pretty bad shape. It's all contorted, burnt a bit from rubbing on the top, and it just really looks like complete garbage. I was thinking, has anyone tried buying another filter kit and slapping it on this pipe, or any other pipe? I am aware some people put K&N filters on their HKS suction setup, so I'm sure this is feasable. I'm just wondering if it'll fit on there right. Anybody?

Next I wondered, "Hmmm, I wonder if my Buschur upper pipes are going to work with my intake pipe also?". Since the 1G is welded onto the upper pipes, do they supply a new hose routing from the 1g to the intake, or is the stock hose retained? I'm guessing the stock hose is retained since it looks like it'll fit right, judging from the pictures.

Next, I took a break and I was cleaning some of the clips up from around the car from taking off the bumper. Ever since I was in a "small accident" back in September, everytime I turn my car all the way to the left, I hear this squeeking noise. I've been wondering what it was. Basically, I hit a curb pretty hard avoiding something in the middle of the road and messed up the lip (busted it right off its cllips), nocked off my undertray (not such a bad thing, I got a ton of those push clips for spares now and it's easy to work down there), put a pretty nasty ding in my tire/rim, and that was it I thought. Nope, it wasn't. I thought the noise was coming from a clip that busted off my bumper and it was just rubbing like that. Apparently, my whole wheel is sitting about a half an inch to an inch further back than it's supposed to and it's rubbing on the wheel well. Not good. The funny thing is, I haven't experianced anything that would tell me that my alignment is off or anything. Few months ago I had a 1990 Acura Integra that had the same problem, except the wheel was pushed back more like 3-4 inches . I never did fix it, I sold it like that. Any ideas on what it could be? I'm going to be taking it to the dealer this week after I put everything back in to see what it possibly is. I'm hoping it's nothing like a bent control arm or axle (i'm not a suspension person, so I have no idea really). Any ideas?

Hmmm, that's about it. Thought I'd share my riveting weekend experiance with everyone. It's been too damn nice out to stay inside whoreing up the forums

Shane
Old Apr 11, 2004, 10:50 AM
Evolved Member

bump, anyone know about the parts?
Old Apr 11, 2004, 11:42 AM
Evolved Member

Take it in for an alignment, since it may need one from the description. If something is really off it will be noticeable then.