Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Oil pump debacle

Search this Thread

Old Nov 28, 2019 | 01:04 PM

Oil pump debacle

Ladies and gentlemen I come from club4g with hopes of aid.

06 eclipse gs 2.4 4g69 7 bolt cylinder block which appears to be the same as ****most**** 4 cylinder 4g** engines.

Short: timing belt stripped teeth at crank (gates), oil pump seized, pulled timing case off, cant get shaft out, what do.

Long: broke timing belt (duralast, ew) a month ago, bent valves, had everything fixed and was running fine. After having it fixed for a week I was idling in the driveway and the oil light flickered, hit the gas and it went away, car was fine. Oil was perfect and clean. The battery was dying so I attributed it to that and got a new battery, light fuxked off for a week and came back while I was sitting at a red light on incline. Again I hit the gas a little and it went away. Now 3 days ago I was coming off a stopsign hard, went through 1st 2nd and halfway through 3rd and let off, heard a whining noise (belt teeth wedging between the crank and belt) and ses light came on so I immediately threw it in neutral and turned it off. After pulling it apart I noticed the oil pump sprocket will not budge. Further into the investigation I found that the gears move moderately freely but I cannot remove the oil pump balancer shaft. It's completely stuck in the engine.

Backstory: I neglected to change the timing belt when I got the car at 79k from the stealership and I doubt they changed it. And at 134k it stripped the teeth at the crank, no valve damage thank god. Another 10k down the road it stripped again, no valve damage, last month it stripped again and bent every intake valve and 2 exhaust valves. Now I'm wondering if the oil pump shaft has been killing my engine for the past year and a half? Also how the hell do I get that shaft out? (Giggty)
Old Dec 18, 2019 | 07:04 AM
EvoM Staff Alumni

Hey, sorry we missed your first post on this issue. I moved your thread here

Did you get this issue sorted? How can we help ya?