Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 5 headgasket

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2020 | 01:54 AM

Evo 5 headgasket

Hi! I'm building my motor now. I get oem headgasket but one waterline its not match how its possible? In head all ports match but in block one waterline not. Its that ok? Thanks!

Old Apr 26, 2020 | 03:52 AM

Originally Posted by Nebalib
Hi! I'm building my motor now. I get oem headgasket but one waterline its not match how its possible? In head all ports match but in block one waterline not. Its that ok? Thanks!
Hello Nebalib,

I am also doing a motor build so thought I'd go check to see if mine looked the same and tell you the results.
I have an Evo 8 block, far as I know it has the same oil and coolant passages as a 5.

I went and found the old head gasket that came with the car from the factory to see if it also had a passage that was slightly obstructed.

It does.

If I flip the gasket over...

Turns out a good number of the passages in the block are larger than the holes in the head gasket, and the passages are somewhat obstructed by the head gasket.

Based on this, I believe your engine looks completely normal.

The following users liked this post:
Nebalib (Apr 26, 2020)
Old Apr 26, 2020 | 06:42 AM

Originally Posted by carbon_toast
Hello Nebalib,

I am also doing a motor build so thought I'd go check to see if mine looked the same and tell you the results.
I have an Evo 8 block, far as I know it has the same oil and coolant passages as a 5.

I went and found the old head gasket that came with the car from the factory to see if it also had a passage that was slightly obstructed.

It does.

If I flip the gasket over...

Turns out a good number of the passages in the block are larger than the holes in the head gasket, and the passages are somewhat obstructed by the head gasket.

Based on this, I believe your engine looks completely normal.
Thanks! This help much👍 i dont need worry anymore and build my motor!