Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Act New Twin Disk Who Running One?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 27, 2021, 10:14 AM
Evolved Member

Received 315 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by Boostindsm22
I pulled the trigger and it showed up yesterday cant wait to run this thing.
I think you are really going to like this clutch. The biggest thing for me was just how damn light the pedal feels and as previously stated, I though the clutch wasn't working correctly when I first pushed the clutch pedal. Engagement is super smooth and it makes absolutely no noise that I have been able to detect. Curious to hear your thoughts.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 10:22 AM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
Originally Posted by 240Z TwinTurbo
I think you are really going to like this clutch. The biggest thing for me was just how damn light the pedal feels and as previously stated, I though the clutch wasn't working correctly when I first pushed the clutch pedal. Engagement is super smooth and it makes absolutely no noise that I have been able to detect. Curious to hear your thoughts.
It's funny you mention the broken clutch. I did a twin disk in one of my other cars and nearly put the pedal through the floor, the first time I drove it. Worth every single penny. I like ACT products so this is definitely on my radar.
Old Feb 27, 2021, 07:31 PM
Evolving Member

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Ya im definitely excited to try it out, going to pull trans and t case and send them to shep just for a overhaul so it's prob going to be a bit before i get to actually try it out.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 07:17 AM
Evolved Member

Received 113 Likes on 83 Posts
Ya im definitely excited to try it out, going to pull trans and t case and send them to shep just for a overhaul so it's prob going to be a bit before i get to actually try it out.
Nice! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the clutch.

Sidenote, do yourself the favor can try to get in contact with TRE for your trans/tcase service before going with sheps.
Old Mar 1, 2021, 07:46 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackline

Sidenote, do yourself the favor can try to get in contact with TRE for your trans/tcase service before going with sheps.
​​​​​​
Ya jon does a great job had him do my dsm stuff in past but nearly impossible to get ahold of lol ill try reaching out to him
Old Mar 1, 2021, 08:27 AM
Evolving Member

Originally Posted by blackline

​​​​​​
Ya jon does a great job had him do my dsm stuff in past but nearly impossible to get ahold of lol ill try reaching out to him
Old Mar 1, 2021, 09:52 AM
Evolving Member

Sorry for. Double post phones being weird, but i actually got ahold of jon from. Tre and making arrangements to send trans and tcase off to him 👍👍👍👍👍👍
The following users liked this post:
blackline (Mar 1, 2021)
Old Mar 1, 2021, 06:08 PM
kaj
EvoM Community Team Leader

Received 815 Likes on 678 Posts
He's a hard dude to reach. He did my rear diff, but I wasn't able to reach him when I needed my trans rebuilt, so it went off to Shep. Can't complain about how either part is work, so win/win.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 04:49 AM
Evolving Member

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts
This clutch is definitely on my radar. Once my exedy triple disc wears out, I thought I'd rebuild it, but for the cost of rebuilding I can just get this. I would love to hear more opinions from people who are running it. Seems like a solid product by ACT.
Old Mar 2, 2021, 06:31 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
​​​​​​
lol Jon really is a nice guy and machine work is great too. Once you get to talk to him and you will learn a lot from him, only 2 people working, he did most of the job so he is busy, got transmission and rear diff from him. Love talking to him though lol, maybe I’ll give him a buzz
Old Mar 3, 2021, 10:31 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 753 Likes on 578 Posts
So last year I put in a new exedy twin and after about 500mi of street driving and 50+ autox runs it warped that thin plate on its first real launch. Bah, stupid exedy...

So now Im looking at the T2S-M01. If the T2S is still really light pedal then id rather have more clamping force and then full face sprung disks are just more friendly.
Old Mar 3, 2021, 11:24 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Keep on making wrong decisions, will get rid of my act single HD and get the that instead,
like Dallas J said, that f the t2s pedal feel ok then that may a better option
Old Mar 4, 2021, 10:40 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Hey Guys.
New to the forum and new to Evo life.

I have a 650hp 9 which currently has a Carbonetics twin disc in it. Not a fan of this clutch feel and the overall noise of it.

I have owned and driven cars with 5 and 6 puk clutches before and they have been easier to drive with much less noise.

So question is if this ACT clutch would be fine for this power for a street car.
I will not be racing and launching the car. Just looking to make it a more enjoyable drive with less noise and chatter.

Car also has a Sheps box in which was done by previous owner, if this matters.

Thanks
Vb
Old Mar 8, 2021, 02:57 AM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
I got the T2S installed and going, but only put a few miles thus far. Here are my initial thoughts.....
  • pedal pressure is very soft and I initially thought something was wrong. I was expecting it to be like my old ACT HD pressure plate, but it feels as light as stock
  • clutch engagement feels like a stock clutch, which is a far cry from the 6 puck ceramic clutch I was running
  • I didn’t notice amy strange noises, which is common with twin disc clutches

The clutch is smooth and has a light pedal pressure so kind of feels weird coming off the old clutch. I’m gonna verify with ACT this is indeed the T2S since the pedal feels so light. I’ll have more to update after it’s broken in and I can jam on it with 600+whp.

If this is normal for this clutch and it handles the torque as advertised this will be a great clutch for a daily driver.
Hi Mate. Do you have any further feedback on this clutch please ?
Old Mar 8, 2021, 11:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 315 Likes on 247 Posts
Originally Posted by VeebeeIX
Hi Mate. Do you have any further feedback on this clutch please ?
No issues so far with 600+whp. Clutch has a smooth engagement and pedal pressure is very light so perfect for a daily driver. I don't track the car so I can't comment on severe abuse, but I do 1-3 gear sprints often and it works as advertised.

Quick Reply: Act New Twin Disk Who Running One?