Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo IV No power to one coil while car is running

Search this Thread

Old Sep 24, 2021, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo IV No power to one coil while car is running

Hello, I have a mitsubishi evo 4 that sometimes runs normal and now (most of the times) runs on only two cylinders. Both coils have 12 volt while ignition is turned on. I have multiple times tested for spark, that seems to be ok now. It all started with a bad cam sensor. I replaced that with a OEM part and it worked fine for a while. Then the problem came back. It usually happened when the car got hot after driving for a while. But now it is sometimes even running on 2 cylinders when its cold. The car also gave codes for ignition coil and crank sensor. I have also replaced the coils and the crank sensor with an OEM one. The car gave codes for ignition coil and crank sensor even after I replaced them, so I thougt it was the ECU that was the problem. I bought a secondhand evo 4 ECU and installed it. The problem did not go away. What else coud it be?

Last edited by RobNab; Sep 27, 2021 at 08:15 AM. Reason: Problem changed
Old Oct 2, 2021, 02:15 PM
Evolved Member

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts
Wiring?
Old Oct 3, 2021, 01:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by gsrboi80
Wiring?
I did messure the voltage again, and the coil got power while the car is running. But I wonder if the pulse from the ECU works as it should It can probably not be checked with a normal multimeter or if so, do someone know how to check the pulse for the ignition coil?