Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

XClutch Twin Disk Sprung Organic Clutch: Unboxing, First Impressions, and Review

Search this Thread

Old Apr 15, 2024, 06:05 PM

Received 16 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by raycinlife
I feel like the flywheel was a little heavier than my exedy twin hd which i don't mind especially for keeping revs up in 1st. I was too lazy to measure the weight differences between the 2. I'll have some updates in about 2 months once the car and clutch get broken in. Hopefully no issues with the new engine 🤞🏼.
Whats the latest on this clutch compared to the Exedy Twin HD?
Old Apr 28, 2024, 03:18 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 350 Likes on 264 Posts
Originally Posted by TME_Manny
Whats the latest on this clutch compared to the Exedy Twin HD?
So far so good! No issues at this time and I felt the pedal feel was lighter than the exedy twin HD. There is also far less of that "double clutch disk" feel where you can tell one disk is engaging before the 2nd. That should never really happen haha.
Old Aug 20, 2024, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Pal215
I was out street tuning today and finally remembered to record a video of me pressing the X-clutch at idle. Here I am in a home depot parking lot. The first video is with the windows up (barely able to hear it) and the second is with the windows down. In each video I press and hold the pedal for at least 2 - 3 seconds. I didn't bother recording a driving video because you can't actual hear it shifting gears lol. I have a quiet exhaust as well.

Here I press the clutch at around 5 seconds, 10 seconds, and 15 seconds with windows closed.

https://youtu.be/YF3CeipIV9A?feature=shared

Second video with windows down

https://youtu.be/vASX2wwlFjY?feature=shared

Hope this helps some folks. Ignore all the blinking lights, datalog in progress
a bit unrelated, but what cat are you running? I have the tenable as well, but with an stm test pipe and its f*king loud. apparently also need to add a res (hope I can fit 2) to quiet things down