Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo 6 Stage Kits in 2024?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2024, 05:30 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo 6 Stage Kits in 2024?

Hello there,
I previously owned a gunmetal Evo 9 MR, which I loved with all my black heart. However, the Army sent me off to Italy about five years after I bought her, and I was forced to sell her over ten years ago. I have recently retired, and now live in beautiful, Sagamihara Japan, just outside of Tokyo. 4G63 Evo's are in good stock on the main island of Japan, although the styling, and mods chosen is wildly different than our own in the US. I must admit I am rather ignorant to a great many things, but tried to conduct some research before reaching out here; are there any companies still producing/selling 4G63 stage kits anymore? I vaguely recall perusing AMS, Buscher Racing, Vishnu, Ultimate, and a few others used to sell staged kits that would supposedly all push the capabilities into the proverbial "felony fast," realms. However, it seems all their storefronts have dried up for such products. Due to US import laws, I am going to pick up a 2001 or 2002 RHD Evo VI, so I can bring it home to North Carolina in 2027. Is anyone aware of companies still producing and selling 4G63 staged kits in today's day and age? Supplementary to all of this, and again touching on my ignorance once more; would simple (using that last word loosely) stage kits for any other 4G63 engine/year model work universally?
Old Jun 3, 2024, 06:37 AM
Evolved Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts
Stage kits are kind of a thing of the past. ITs more about picking specific parts to get the car to perform how you want.
I don't have a ton of info on the evo 6 stuff but I'd guess that a lot of that stuff will have to be custom or second hand at this point as the cars are older and there isn't a profit to be made for companies making evo 6 specific stuff anymore; especially in the US where we didn't get them.

Id basically look at the dyno section, figure out what you are looking for and go from there to start sourcing parts.
Old Jun 8, 2024, 06:46 AM
Evolved Member

Received 137 Likes on 125 Posts
Maybe go poke around MLR, they know more about pre 8 models.