Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Evo cranks but doesn’t start

Search this Thread

Old Sep 2, 2024, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Evo cranks but doesn’t start

I replaced the spark plugs, crankshaft sensor, intake cam sensor, battery and starter. I have spark and fuel. Ever since I’ve done those parts replacements the issue has become intermittent and no longer have a check engine light (p0335), also the starter sometimes clicks but it doesn’t crank. This brakes my hart I’ve put a lot of work into this car spent a lot of money I don’t know what else to do I thank you guys in advance for the help also attached a picture of my evo.
Old Sep 4, 2024, 12:50 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 200 Likes on 144 Posts
That code is for the crank position sensor. Check to see if you have power to it being it involves the circuit itself.
Old Sep 5, 2024, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Adbraxx
I replaced the spark plugs, crankshaft sensor, intake cam sensor, battery and starter. I have spark and fuel. Ever since I’ve done those parts replacements the issue has become intermittent and no longer have a check engine light (p0335), also the starter sometimes clicks but it doesn’t crank. This brakes my hart I’ve put a lot of work into this car spent a lot of money I don’t know what else to do I thank you guys in advance for the help also attached a picture of my evo.
the code was being generated by me cranking over an over, the car didn’t start because it was flooded. I still have an intermittent starting issue. I replaced the ignition switch and it got better but it still just clicks from time to time. I’m still trying to figure it out
Old Sep 5, 2024, 10:18 AM

Originally Posted by CurseDSM
That code is for the crank position sensor. Check to see if you have power to it being it involves the circuit itself.
Apparent the code generates when you crank over and over and the car doesn’t start, the car was flooded and because I have 1600 injectors it floods right away. Since the starter clics the pump sends fuel and when it actually cranks it’s not starting because it’s flooded. Long story short it’s a starting issue.
Old Sep 7, 2024, 10:00 AM
EvoM Guru

Received 441 Likes on 376 Posts
you might need to try and rewire your starter relay. clicking starter issues is quite common on these cars.
in the meantime you can "hotwire" the starter by connecting 12v to terminal5 of the starter relay location