Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Help with Turbo XS Exhaust!!

Search this Thread

Old Apr 19, 2004, 07:06 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help with Turbo XS Exhaust!!

Ok...I have been in the market for an exhaust for a while, I have been doing some research on them and decided im going with the Turbo XS DP, catback and Random Tech high flow cat. I was going to get the Helix because of the price, but noticed the tip sticks out pretty good and im also worried it might be too loud for daily driving.

Anyways. I noticed with the TXS you will need spacers to make the dp fit, is that correct? Also are they hard to install? Next it I heard that it sits pretty low, my car is lowered with the Tein S-Techs so its got me worried. I know the back end is not that low, but im just curous.

Anyone have some pix of the XS mounted on their car? ALso a sound clip would be nice, I havent heard it yet. Thanks in advance
Old Apr 21, 2004, 08:16 AM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I installed the TX down pipe on a friends car last night. Fits well and it does come with spacers about 3/4 of a inch long. You will not have any rubbing issues even with your springs. I also install the High-flow that you are talking about from Nino. this exhaust with the hi-flow is IMHO is loud.

Eric
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:41 AM
Evolved Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I bought it and had it put on Tuesday. Yes it does need spacers, and it raises the height of the cross members about 1/2 inch. As for the sound, I originally had just the HKS Hi-power exhaust on my car and had a deeper popping/thudding? tone at idle than stock. With the DP installed the tone is about the same, but the popping/thudding is a bit mellower. I hope you can understand what it sounds like

Also, have a mechanic you know install it... the DP bolts can and WILL break.....
Old Apr 21, 2004, 11:51 AM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Man i have Helix and I love it. Its not loud at all