Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Warning: Megan Catback exhaust

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 07:57 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Warning: Megan Catback exhaust

These guys need to get their $hit together!!!!!!!! This is the most slow to process company I have EVER dealt with. If it seems like I am livid, it's cause I am. I ordered a Megan Catback exhaust from JDM first. After an entire month of waiting I asked to cancel my order. I then went to Lancershop.com and saw that it was in stock. I ordered it from them. Guess what???? They didn't have it in stock either. After a month and a half of waiting I gave up on their exhaust systems. Lancershop can't give me a definitive date cause Megan is too pathetic to meet demands of consumers. If you want to wait a good half a year for some savings on an exhaust, buy one from them.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 08:06 PM
Evolved Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
thats weird i ordered mine from jmdracing.com - no problems within a week i had catback by my door with hi-flow cat i called them thru the phone to make an order. sorry to hear that bro.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 08:22 PM
Evolving Member

I contacted JDM a month and a half ago. They were on backorder. I spoke with a girl named Trish Dugan numerous times asking about the exhaust. After a month I went to Lancershop to get me the exhaust. They don't have it either. They don't appear to be getting it anytime soon either (They keep telling me 1-2 weeks, and that was what they told me last week). The company sucks.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:02 AM
Evolved Member

The company sucks
Your saying a company sucks because certain vendors are sold out of their product? Obviously demand is pretty high if they are on backorder. This exhaust was easy to get months ago before anyone really knew about them. I had mine within two days
I have waited on products for several months before because they were on backorder and in high demand...It never made me say they sucked though. If you are impatient just buy something else. Why don't you just contact MR and get an eta on shipping out their systems? I have emailed MR asking questions several times and always got a reply the same day.
I have the Megan Racing cat back and cat delete. It is a nice sounding, well made exhaust.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 02:37 PM
Evolving Member

Your saying a company sucks because certain vendors are sold out of their product? Obviously demand is pretty high if they are on backorder. This exhaust was easy to get months ago before anyone really knew about them. I had mine within two days
I have waited on products for several months before because they were on backorder and in high demand...It never made me say they sucked though. If you are impatient just buy something else. Why don't you just contact MR and get an eta on shipping out their systems? I have emailed MR asking questions several times and always got a reply the same day.
I have the Megan Racing cat back and cat delete. It is a nice sounding, well made exhaust.
Hmm where shall I start with this? Are you familiar with the money market mechanism? Suplly versus demand. The raw materials are there, they just aren't meeting demand. How long do you think it takes a robot to make an exhaust system? Rethink what you state before you say it. There really aren't that many EVO's in the U.S.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 02:44 PM
Evolving Member

Hey denom you need to chill out. Broeli is completly right, its not the vendors fault maybe they had a huge flux in demand and didn't have enough in supply. Maybe you should rethink what you say before you say it because no one wants to listen to a grown man whine.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 02:49 PM
Evolved Member

I think someone needs a swift kick in the....
Old Apr 27, 2004, 03:05 PM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
We have exhaust in stock

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:15 PM
Evolving Member

Hey denom you need to chill out. Broeli is completly right, its not the vendors fault maybe they had a huge flux in demand and didn't have enough in supply. Maybe you should rethink what you say before you say it because no one wants to listen to a grown man whine.
OK first off everyone complains. If you are saying that you don't complain then you are a hypocrit. I asked both JDM and Lancer Shop if they had a definitive date on when the exhaust would come in. They said that MR doesn't let them know. They said it was shipped overseas. Of course i'm gonna be upset with having to wait a month and a half for a catback exhaust. I am trying to warn other members here of having to wait that long for a part from MR. I don't see how that is immature, but go ahead and label me. Davidbuschur thank you for the offer. I just ordered a HKS exhaust though.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 07:58 PM
Evolved Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by denom

OK first off everyone complains. If you are saying that you don't complain then you are a hypocrit. I asked both JDM and Lancer Shop if they had a definitive date on when the exhaust would come in. They said that MR doesn't let them know. They said it was shipped overseas. Of course i'm gonna be upset with having to wait a month and a half for a catback exhaust. I am trying to warn other members here of having to wait that long for a part from MR. I don't see how that is immature, but go ahead and label me. Davidbuschur thank you for the offer. I just ordered a HKS exhaust though.
I think you're being a little *****. Wanna talk business models? How about you are releasing a product in an oversaturated exhaust market (APEXi, DC, Thermal, Buschur, GReddy, HKS, Blitz, RMR, Tanabe, RS*R, and MANY more) and dont' want to get stuck with tons of stock, so what do you do? Put out a run and wait for feedback. Once you get the feedback (demand) you produce accordingly.

Lancershop isn't the problem and neither is JMD. . .Sure Megan is backordered, **** happens, but have you tried to get HKS cams? Good Luck, backordered without ETA - oh but wait, since they're backordered they MUST suck.

Don't bash a manufacture, retailer or supplier just because your vagina aches.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:02 PM
Evolving Member

Ahh whatever dude. Go grow up.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:14 PM
Evolving Member

Oh I just read your message. You clearly haven't read what I posted MattGold, I never flamed JMD or Lancershop. I am simply irritated by Megan Racing. In fact JMD racing and Lancershop handled it quite professionally. They cancelled my order. I am entitled to my opinion, and people are entitled to listen or not (Well that and you are entitled to your opinion). Just move on if you don't like this thread. It's obvious that people are taking this thread far too serious, and I don't need to have internet tough guys telling me they are gonna kick my *** over a keyboard cause I post my opinion. I'm gonna do what is right IMHO and ask that this thread be locked.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:18 PM
Evolved Member

LOL this thread makes me laugh
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:35 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by EVO8 WHOA
LOL this thread makes me laugh

I say you add a 100 shot of and see how long it last's.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 08:47 PM
Admin Emeritus

Received 100 Likes on 69 Posts
Thread closed as requested by originator.

Speedlimit...