Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

502whp on a dyno dynamics dyno - untuned

Search this Thread

Old Apr 26, 2004, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
502whp on a dyno dynamics dyno - untuned

Hi guys,

just wanted to post a quick update on our project. That was our first dyno day, and of course, our intercooler pipe blew off, and damaged the cam sensor, but before that happened, we registered 502whp on a heat soaked, not fully tuned car

Many thanks to Andrew at Dyno4mance for hosting that dyno day.

We boost controller off, we did 412whp.

At 29psi boost, untuned, we did 499and 502whp. After that , teh IC pipe off teh turbo blew off, hit teh camn sensor, ripped off teh upper radiator pipe,a nd send 180degree water all over the place.

Looking back at the last 2 logs, I can see why teh power actually fell off from 6800rpms on: knock sensor was on, and oicked some noise, but no detonation.

Here are some thing to work on next time:
- 109 degrees intake temp - that was UNREAL, I have never seen more than 75-80 degrees temp with my BIG Supra 3row intercooler
- I forgot the knock control on - so the ECU pulled timing and added fuel:-(
- maxxed out my fuel pump at that setting. I saw that but the next thing happened before I could go and fix it
- IC pipe blew off the turbo, tore the water pipe with it, and busted the cam position sensor.
- cam gears we still 0/0- Tomei Procams HAVE to be set, but we never got to that point.
- we were revving to only 7500rpms. We have done 9000 on the street, but we that heat, we decided to stay safe.

Here is teh plan: fix and tune everything. A friend of mine ( teh owner of teh widebody Abflug red Supra , winner at NOPI last year) invited us to go to the airport in his city in GA. So we will be able to do some full thtottle high boost runs in real worls conditions, and after all that is diale din, we will hit the dyno for JUST one run, with cold temps, c16 gas, and fully street tuned car.

Here are the pictures, and a movie:

Movie:
www.boost-solutions.com/evo8/dyno/dynorun1..wmv

Pictures:

Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:05 PM
Evolved Member

it blew off the ic piping,because you guys created a god damn monster .jesus christ i'm shock it didn't fly off the dyno good work fellas
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

AWESOME CAR. I LOVE HOW THE INTERIOR LOOKS STOCK . BACKSEATS and all. ITs funny i read the paragraph without looking at the pictures. I was like the IC piping blew off. So how could it damage the cam sensor. THen i seen THE SIZE of the f@cking thing LOL. LOOKS LIKE A AIR DUCT PIPING LOL. AWESOME.
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:10 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by evo81
it blew off the ic piping,because you guys created a god damn monster .jesus christ i'm shock it didn't fly off the dyno good work fellas
Oosp, sorry

Yeah, I have blown that pipe 20-30 times, but never so hard, to rip the water pipe off

George
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:14 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by batty
AWESOME CAR. I LOVE HOW THE INTERIOR LOOKS STOCK . BACKSEATS and all. ITs funny i read the paragraph without looking at the pictures. I was like the IC piping blew off. So how could it damage the cam sensor. THen i seen THE SIZE of the f@cking thing LOL. LOOKS LIKE A AIR DUCT PIPING LOL. AWESOME.
Yeah, it is 80mm piping all around. The turbo outlet is 80mm, the intercooler inlet and outlet are 80mm, and the TB is 80mm.

George
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:16 PM
Evolved Member

any transmission problems. Also what clutch are you guys using ?
Old Apr 26, 2004, 11:20 PM
Evolved Member

Originally posted by batty
any transmission problems. Also what clutch are you guys using ?
No, transmission is fine, so far. Of course, I donot have any hard lanches with that setup.

The clutch is an ATS triple disk , carbon clutch. Rated at 1500whp. Engages smooth like stock clutch, but it is unbreakable.

George
Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:30 AM
Evolved Member

Wicked guys. I am glad you got the thing up and running even if you did have the problems. The whole car is insane. Hope that you get to the 800+wbhp target and keep us updated.

Thanks Chris.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 01:38 AM

DAMN!!! Can I have one?
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:18 AM
Evolved Member

And your not using T-Bolt clamps because???
Old Apr 27, 2004, 05:23 AM
Evolved Member

George, i just seen the vid you put on Lancer Register, very good mate. The thing sounds like a jet engine when the turbo is on full boost! cant wait for you to get it finished.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 06:38 AM
Evolved Member

I was at the DYNO and his car is the loudest car I have heard on a DYNO. We all had to stand back because it was so loud. The car could barely fit on the dyno with 4" exhaust.

The car had about this much___ clearance . Good thing George has tein coilovers.

Once the car is tunned the power will be sick. All the people that attended had a lot of fun at dyno but it is scary as hell see a car that powerful on dyno since it feels like the car will jump of the DYNO when it is at peak HP.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 09:38 AM
Evolved Member

Nice!!! I love the little poof of air out the BOV's when you let off in the vid
Old Apr 27, 2004, 09:45 AM
Evolved Member

Jesus Christ.
Old Apr 27, 2004, 09:50 AM
Evolved Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
How in the hell did you max out your fuel pump? I thought you had some monster pump on there with some huge a$$ lines to feed the fuel system. What will you go to now? All of the other problems look like little tuning issues that would be resolved fairly easily with the intake temps being the next in line as far as order of importance. The intercooler is already huge so will you have to go to some sort of alcohol/water injection to get the temps down? It looks pretty damn good so far even with those problems!

Quick Reply: 502whp on a dyno dynamics dyno - untuned