Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

To all with Buschur racing Turbo back Please Read

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2005, 11:37 AM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by davidbuschur
I hated reading this thread. Should let it die but can't.

I apologize to anyone having troubles. The biggest problem with the older version of our exhaust was hands down the complete slip fit of the system. Left too much to be adjusted and such.

The good news is we have completely changed the system and it is now flanged at the downpipe and offroad pipes, from there it just about falls into place.

There is now more room to the oil pan, TONS of clearance to the carrier bearings around the driveshaft and at the rear differential.

I can honestly say that since we have switched and flanged the system I have not had a single complaint about rattling or trying to fit the exhaust.

As for the good ole boy/screwdriver comment. It's way off course. First off our exhaust uses the highest quality stainless steel you'll find. It is the lightest and highest HP producing stainless steel system built for an EVO. There is NOTHING on this system that isn't 304 SS, it will never rust or rot. With the new 3/8" thick SS flanges we use the installation is a simple process and there are NO fitment issues.

We also are offering the system complete with any combination, clamps, installation kit and shipping for only $750. You can get the highflow cat OR offroad pipe and simulator or the BR (loud) lightweight muffler or Magnaflow muffler all at this same price.

I am confident there isn't a better system out there.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
I installed the 3" TB buschur system last weekend and had NO fitment issues, NO rattling issues. I even wrapped the DP with heat wrap and it still had good clearance with the oil pan.

Great fitment, great sound, great power & great quality for the $$.

thank you Buschur Racing.
Old Jan 18, 2005, 05:58 PM
Account Disabled

Hey David I also sent you a PM

Also, how will the NEW Down Pipe fit compaired to the Old style? Does it offer more clearance to the Lower Arm Bars? Do you offer an option for some High heat wrap on the DownPipe to eliminate heat and rattles?

Thanks Again, this new system sounds Great
Old Jan 19, 2005, 09:03 AM
Evolved Member

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts
Thanks for the response on the exhaust brownpoop. (BTW, whats with the screen name?!)

The new downpipe has more clearance to the oil pan and still clears the tie bars with our spacers. TONS of additional clearance at the driveshaft and rear end.

We offer a few options for heat wrap, one being standard heat wrap kits the other is we have a very very good adhesive heat shield you can stick right to the oil pan. This stuff is extremely good. I used it to line the generator box in our race trailer. Before installing it the heat was so intense it melted a huge candle we had that was in a steel bucket (one of those that keep mosquitos away). After words the heat was basically eliminated. Very impressed. The adhesive is so strong if you get it shield to touch your arm while installing it you will be missing hair when you pull it off.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 20, 2005, 01:56 PM
Account Disabled

Does the new DP have a new angle to clear the lower arm bars better? Also what would be the benefit of wrapping the Downpipe? Would it aid in exhaust velocity?
Old Jan 21, 2005, 08:33 AM
Evolved Member

The new downpipe still requires the included stainless spacers to put it on. We get the heat from the downpipe away from the oil pan by being able to drop it just that little bit with the spacers. I don't think wrapping the downpipe is going to pick up much velocity, if you want to keep the heat off the pan we have simple adhesive heat reflector that you can stick to the pan, will not come off.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 21, 2005, 09:02 AM
Evolving Member

I also have the Full TB from Buschur (Stg.1) and have no issues with fitment or rattling, although I do recommend you use some pretty heavy duty pressure when putting together (I used a pretty good pneumatic wrench). Fantastic product David, can't wait to get one of your 20g turbos!!
Old Jan 21, 2005, 05:02 PM
Account Disabled

Mine is still bad, mostly because it does not clear the lower arm bars, particularly the front one even with spacers. The rest of the exhaust I just had to drop below the rear drive shaft just to et it to clear it, so I have it rigged but the muffler sits VERY low now. Part of teh cat back still hits the carrier bearings and the rear dif.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 09:56 AM
Evolved Member

As a side note, umiami's is an old unit and it is being replaced with one of our new flanged systems.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Jan 24, 2005, 02:02 PM
Account Disabled

As a side note, umiami's is an old unit and it is being replaced with one of our new flanged systems.

David Buschur

Thanks Dave, I'll post pics of the new install.
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:45 PM
Evolved Member

hey look at it this way at least you have a guy (company) that cares enoguh to help you out and do anything they can to get it right. But anyway all the problems from when the exhaust first came out are now resolved.........I dont know bout everyone else but since i had my evo and started ordering from buschur i have been very pleased witht he service and product and definately the price. These guys know what there talking about......so i would reccomend them to anyone.......
Old Jan 24, 2005, 10:48 PM
Evolved Member

My Injen TBE had the rattling against the heat-shield problem too...a screw driver fixed that
Old Jan 30, 2005, 04:12 PM
Account Disabled

**********Update**********

Today I installed the new redesigned Buschur Turbo Back exhaust. David had stated that this new design fit easily, especially the Downpipe.

Anyways my exhaust arrived Friday, The Downpipe is FULLY flanged and connects to a Test Pipe that is flanged on one side, and slip fit on the on the other side. The cat-back and the Muffler are all slip fit just like the original design. I was worried at first but there is no need to be. I ALSO Used Kart Boy Exhaust Hangers. USE THEM, they are awesome in everyway. They hold the exhaust SO tight and it just makes the exhaust a solid Piece, I can’t even imagine not using them, $40 WELL spent.

Anyway I had access to a garage and a lift and every tool so we started by unbolting the Lower Arm Bars and then the 02 sensor, which was equipped with the 02 simulator from David. Some of you guys may STILL get a CE light even with this box installed properly, like me. BUT as I was removing it, I had seen that the Ground was terrible and probably the reason why I kept getting a CE light, I added 2 washers to it and made it a perfect ground, I hope it works.

The exhaust came off easy but be careful as the DP Bolts were warped a little. If you break a DP Bolt, you better have a drill and some time, You may want to heat up the bolts with a torch before hand. Once everything was off I hooked up the NEW Down pipe. It fit so NICE, you can see that the bends were not as dramatic and it looks like it cleared a LOT better. The test pipe hooked up as well. The Cat back now holds the 02 sensor so it sits Father back, different.

Immediately I noticed something different with everything bolted up, everything cleared with space to spare. The exhaust fit perfectly. The rear muffler was a Little snug but it fit just right and with those Kart Boy Hangers, no shaking or play is allowed. After I tightened up everything I could not believe how well it fit. Perfect, it cleared the carrier bearings, the rear Diff, and everything else.

After I tightened everything up, I noticed that where My Cusco Version 1 Lower Arm Bar had no chance of clearing before, now cleared with space to spare, AMAZING. The DP give you an extra inch in that area. My Version 2 required spacers (as does the stock bars) but no biggy. That DP was really redesigned well, it fits VERY well and makes the rest of the exhaust fit well.

The exhaust fits perfectly, no issues, I love the System. No rattles, no swaying and hitting the Rear diff, heat Shield, or carrier bearings. The Muffler sticks out now, a little farther which is fine. IT DOES sit far to the right now but oh well, it still looks great. I could not believe how well it fit. It is also quieter but I am sure it will get louder, I kind of like it quiet now.

Again, no one should pass this exhaust up, it makes the most power, and fits perfectly, I even put the thing on and it is just 1-2-3 and your done. I WOULD recommend Kart Boy Exhaust Hangers, not that it would not fit otherwise, and it just makes it that much better.

Thank you David.

Last edited by umiami80; Jan 30, 2005 at 04:37 PM.
Old Jan 31, 2005, 07:35 AM
Evolved Member

Finally I am really glad to hear you got the exhaust on and it fits.

David Buschur
www.buschurracing.com
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:56 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Alright, sorry to bring this up. It seems that my exhaust is rattling against the rear stock sway bar. Now, the only thing i can think is i tightened it by hand and it is not tight enough.
Also, the fitment leaves the exhaust tip sticking out about an inch or so. I have tried to adjust twice and no luck, still stick out and still rattles. I have tried different positions, but that only screws up the placement of the muffler and tip.

I am sure it is a simple fix, but I havent had the time to get under there for any duration of time, only about a couple of hours at a time.

Any thoughts would be appreciated!.
Old Feb 10, 2005, 08:58 AM
Evolving Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I did forget to mention that I REALLY like this exhaust, it was the perfect sound i was looking for at idle and WOT. It is soo light compared to stock. Nice piece of work Dave!!

Quick Reply: To all with Buschur racing Turbo back Please Read