Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

To all with Buschur racing Turbo back Please Read

Search this Thread

Old May 13, 2004, 08:42 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
To all with Buschur racing Turbo back Please Read

I just installed mine, first off this thing is WAY LOUD. but my question is My dp sits real close to the oil pan, I think mine might be to close becuase I could put the tie bars back on the frame with out the spacers. IS this wrong, or is this how it is supposed to sit?? Also on real rough bumps I can hear a breif rattle, it took quite a bit of adjustment to keep the mid pipe from hitting the one drive shaft bracket. Please let me know if anyone else had these issues, or if it really is just mine and I have a problem. The last thing I want is my oil to heat up with autox and lapping days.
Thanks
Old May 14, 2004, 06:19 AM
Evolving Member

with all the buschur exhausts no one has info on this?????
Old May 14, 2004, 07:31 AM
Evolving Member

call buschur
Old May 14, 2004, 07:40 AM

I have the turbo back with a Magnaflow muffler. The sound is nice, not overly loud. Mine was also rattling. I am using the spacers for the tie bars with no problems. I did cut about 3/4" off of the long pipe where it slides into the high flow cat. This caused it to not bang the rear differential. I also recommend the Kartboy exhaust hangers since they keep the exhaust from swaying too much. I use an air impact tool to tighten the exhaust. Make sure it is very snug.
Old May 14, 2004, 07:47 AM
Evolved Member

The things you mention are all common issues with the Buschur exhaust (and others for that matter).

The BR muffler is loud. If you want something more tame, go with the Magnaflow option.

Regardless of whether you use the spacers or not the DP will sit the same distance from the oil pan. There is no relationship between the spacers and DP positioning. Others have noted the tight clearance near the oil pan. Mine sits about 3/8" from the pan. I've heard that Buschur offers some shielding to attach to the oil pan if it worries you that much.

I also had rattling against the driveshaft u brackets. In my case I found the rear hanger on the cat back pipe needed to be slightly lengthened by straightening the loop and rebending. I was able to get the correct clearance once I lengthened the hanger about a 1/4". Also I use the Kartboy polyurethane hangers. These greatly help stabilize the exhaust. Now the only time I get rattles is when I drive during heavy downpours. I still don't know why it rubs but I suspect the hangers are slipping around when wet.
Old May 14, 2004, 07:48 AM

i have a B&B turbo back with the same issues with my down pipe...i used spacers for the tie bars for the rattle and wrapped the down pipe completely with exhaust wrap to protect the oil pan.

i also wrapped the cat delet and rear section with exhaust wrap...the under hood temps are way down and the turbo seems to spool sooner.

winston
Old May 14, 2004, 07:59 AM
Evolving Member

Ok, I feel abit better after reading these, I talked to buschur and they said the spacers are just there in case, cause every dp fits a bit differently. I think I am going to buy some heat wrap for the exhaust. The thermal wrapping stuff I'm guessing should work fine?

Also where can I find these kartboy hangers at???
Old May 14, 2004, 08:04 AM
Evolving Member

Mach V sells them. Give Dan a call. Very nice guy.
Old May 14, 2004, 09:48 AM

All downpipes that are 3in. are going to have this same oil pan clearance issues. I'm not to worried about it, most of the heat is coming out the tailpipe. I suppose if you were running a long track event you would want to think about shielding.
Old May 15, 2004, 03:30 PM

currently running helix dp, buschur catback with magnaflow option. no clearance issues as its not hitting anything. clearance to the oil pan is a lil close...however i did have the dp jethot coated as so it won't be much of an issue. i did have to play around a little with the magnaflow muffler tip mount as the original hole drilled didn't position the tip where i wanted it(too low to the ground) so i just redrilled and cut away the rest i didn't need.
Old May 15, 2004, 03:48 PM

I had the same problem with my BR turbo back exhaust - lots of rattles. Kartboy hangers helped some, but I still had rattles. I also had to cut about an inch off the cat back pipe, because it was hitting the bolt on the rear differential. After that, I still had rattles. No matter how many times I adjusted it, I could not get it to stop hitting one of the drive shaft brackets. I wedged a piece of heater hose between them. This was a temporary fix - the piece of heater hose eventually fell out. I was fed up with it. I popped out my Dremel tool and grinded some of it away - rattle solved. Although, I get some rattles during heavy rain also.

Hope you solve the rattle problem. It's a pain. But, the exhaust makes great power.
Old May 15, 2004, 04:04 PM
Evolving Member

There actually was some play in the DP once we adjusted that it stopped hitting hte draveshaft brackets. It still rattles a bit on bumpy roads, I"m gonna try the kart boy hangers
Old Jan 11, 2005, 05:52 PM

I have the BR exhaust which only rattles in the rain. I have tried everything, but it still rattles in heavy rain. Hopefully someone will figure this out.

Gumpy.
Old Jan 11, 2005, 11:37 PM
Evolving Member

If it is too loud get the magnaflow muffler and the highflow cat!
Old Jan 12, 2005, 05:07 AM
PPI
Former Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
same issues hear. had to use spacer for the d/p even though they promised I wouldn't need them. I can seem to keep it from rattling against the rear driveshaft bearing no matter how I adjust it....not impressed at all

Quick Reply: To all with Buschur racing Turbo back Please Read