Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

clutch install step by step???

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2004, 04:18 PM
Evolved Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
clutch install step by step???

anyone have one of these? im either going to have to pay someone and here in NC no body knows how to work with an AWD car... which means lotsa hours under the hood..... I have done 3 clutch installs on rwd cars no problems but this just scares me if someone can help let me know because i need it....
Old May 15, 2004, 03:50 PM
Evolved Member

hmmmm bump? even some refered links would be nice...... isnt there a website that shows tear downs of stuff???
Old May 15, 2004, 03:56 PM
Evolving Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
MachV motorsports, the dealerships, and e-bay usually have the cdrom of the service manual for sale. it's the same one the tech's get at the dealership. Good troubleshooting sections, ECU error codes, pictures, disassembly procedures, tolerances, torque settings, the works.

Any certified mechanic will know exactly how to find what they need out of it. Or if you're like me, you have to read the whole thing and figure it out from there.

good luck,
a
Old May 15, 2004, 09:55 PM
Evolved Member

yeah i got my manual from ebay but it doesnt show an exploded view nor does it have a complete break down....
Old May 15, 2004, 10:07 PM
EvoM Guru

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
The service manual has the transmission installation and removal procedures.. Its actually alot easier than I had thought it would be (from what I've read) But there is one specialty tool that they show (at least one) which is a engine support (basically a lift that goes on the strut towers that holds the engine in place when the tranny is removed.) That was the only thing I saw.. I suspect anyone who has the time and patience can do it if they've done a transmission on a front drive car before.