Notices
Evo Engine / Turbo / Drivetrain Everything from engine management to the best clutch and flywheel.

Test pipe = ECU running lean or extra rich?

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2004, 12:21 PM
Evolving Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Test pipe = ECU running lean or extra rich?

Awile ago I was searching on the forums and was reading about Test pipes and saw a post I think it was group S or boost solutions and they said that on a stock car running a test pipe will make the ECU run lean to try and fix the prob of faily cat or running extra rich forgot what they said searched for it but could not find it.

I ordered a BR turbo back and it came with the resitor to fix the cel light but my ?'s are

1. With the cel fix resitor does that just turn the light off or does ti fool the ECU into thinking its working fine at all times.
2. will running a TP on a stolk car with no resitor hurt the car ** running learn or extra rich***

I only plan on running my TP at the track but I dont whant the ECU to go into a ***** map and end up running in a unsafe mode and either over boost or run lean and cause damage to my evo. I guess if there is no way ot fool the ECU i will get a stand alone that makes the car OBD1 so I will have no probs I just want all you expericec tuners to add our imput.

Thanks

Chris